It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

Teresa10x05 HB User
Lynn10x05 level II u/s

Well i had told everyone before i needed a level II u/s done because a dark spot was spotted on my babys brain,come to find out,yes it is only a cyst, the dr explained to me the absolute worst reason it could have formed (not saying it is what its from) but there is only one way to see(amnio), she said the worst is that instead of 23 chromosomes from me and him both it could have been uneven, she mentioned something like, if 21 (i think) is missin, there could be defects such as down syndrome,and if 18(i think) or its the other way around, is missing he could die within his first week, but thats a 1 in 300 chance that this is what caused the cyst, i honestly dont think anything is wrong with my baby, so im not worried bout it,the cyst is shrinkin and i go back in 2-3 weeks to check on it with the u/s again, the dr. said I COULD take 1 of 3 choices
1-keep going and see if he turns out prefectly
2-have a amnio...where they stick they needle in ur belly to the baby to check the chromosomes
3-terminate the pregnancy now

only thing with the amnio she said was, i have a higher risk of a misscarriage with that, then my baby even having somethingg wrong with him, so i am just gonna keep my baby, because i think he is perfectly fine,otherwise i dont think he would be as big and normal as he is, like the dr said the cyst is his only thing and its not a big deal!

In a month or so me and my boyfriend are gonna go have a 3D-4D u/s done i cant wait for that!

I KNOW MY BABY BOY IS GONNA BE PERFECTLY FINE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User
Re: Lynn10x05 level II u/s

I think that you are making the right decision, I also had a level 2 U/S a few weeks ago and it showed slight dilation of my baby boys kidneys, the doctor told me that 95% of the time it is ok, 4% the baby may need to be born early go on antibiotics and possibly need surgery and 1% increased risk for DS, my AFP test came out great but for Insurance Reasons I wasn't able to get the DS test done where they measure the baby's neck at 13 weeks, but I am going to take my chances and hope that by baby boy comes out healthy- I worry every day but I guess that is what being a mom is about! I wish you the best of luck, I also go back for the Level 2 US 6/3....and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 05-26-2005, 06:28 PM   #3
(female)

Teresa10x05 HB User

well good luck to you and i know how it feels, but i really feel as if my baby boy is gonna be just perfectly fine, and the chances for things being wrong arent high at all so im honestly not stressing over this really

Old 05-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Tnaks I feel and hope the same thing-I know everything will be ok...I am just so happy I will be a mom!

Old 05-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
(female)

ChristyDavis HB User

With my 1st child they found a cyst on his brain at my 20wk check-up. They wanted to do an amino.test but I didn't want to take the risk. They told me he was most likely going to have Down's and etc. with the scary stories. I had another u/s done at 32 wks and the cyst had dissolved I had a healthy baby, that is now 7yrs, and is going into the gifted-program at schoolnext yr. So hopefully when you go back it will have dissolved also.Good luck

Old 05-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I am glad that the cyst is shirinking. And I do not blame you at all for not having the amnio. The asked us did we want to do the tests and the amnio, because of some other circumstances I had a higher risk for a baby with spinal problems. And I asked them if they found something could they fix it before he was born, and they said no, and then they said all we could do was end the pregnancy. And I said you are NOT taking my baby! So, we didn't do it! And so far he looks great, legs and arms moving, so no paraylsis!
Anyway, i will keep your little guy in my prayers! Your positive thinking is going to help so much!

Closed Thread