It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Red face Please Answer ASAP

I went to the Dr today and I am 2cm and 50%. BUT SHE TURNED AGAIN BACK TO BREECH!!!!!!!!! So in a way that shows that she isn't so big because at this point there isn't much room to turn so I may be getting a C-section. But how long can I go at 2 and 50% before she is born? I've been having cramps ALL day and he said to go to the hospital if it keeps up. Should I? With my DS I wasn't even dialating just contractions and I wasn't even effaced with him. This is new to me!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Re: Please Answer ASAP

Oh my word!! She must really have alot of room in there, that and plenty of fliud too I would guess. I can't believe that she went back. One would think that once she got down she would stay put. I would go to the hospital. If you do go into serious labor you will need an emergency c-section. That and she sounds very tiny to me. Did they do your ultrasound yet? I got one at 37 wks and they gave me estimate on his weight. Any idea as to what she is weighing in at? The question is, is she tiny or does she have alot of room and a larger amount of fluid? I would want to know before the c-section. Also maybe they can give you something to slow you down from going into serious labor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

I have two doctors. One measured me and I was a measuring out a week early and he said the baby could be close to 8lbs. That was a good 4 weeks ago. Today this doctor while doing the U/S which he does at every appt said that there is plenty of fluid but he didn't say anything about her size. He just said it's harder to manually turn them at this point because there isn't a lot of room now but obviously there was enough room for her to turn. She was head down last Tuesday and now a week later she is breech again. The cramping has kind of slowed down not so frequent anymore. I just wonder if my shorts were too tight but I'm still at 2cm and 50% so something is happening. I mean I am 38 weeks so if I go into labor it's OK. He before doing the U/S asked me about induction and then he said well we'll see how your doing and then once he saw her breech he didn't say anything else except if she doesn't turn we'll do a c-section which I am terrified of. He said they could try to turn her but it's harder. But then he never mentioned it again. All he said was he was on call all weekend up until Tuesday. I want him to deliver her I love him. The other doc like rushes so. He said if it continues to get up to the hospital so my Mom seems to think that he thinks I will go this weekend. We'll see!
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 05-27-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

There is something you can try. I don't know where you live but is there a chiropractor around you? They do have something that they can do to turn a baby back from breech. I know 2 chiropractors and they both can do it. It is something simple and does not hurt you or the baby. It just encourages them to turn. If the baby is around 8lbs I would say let her come!! If only she wasn't breech!!! But see if you can get to a chiropractor. Or I have heard of the dr reaching up there and turning the baby when you first go into labor. It is very painful though but sometimes they can do it. My friend was in the hopital in labor and she heard this young girl was in the next room having her baby. This young girl had bound her stomach the whole time she was pg so no one would know. And as a result her baby was breech. Appearantly the dr felt no sympathy for the girl so he reached in, turned the baby and told her she would not get a c-section. My friend had to hear all this while in labor but like I said appearantly the dr can turn the baby.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Dr's can try to turn the baby and they'll try to do it from the outside first. It doesn't always work though. I've also heard that rocking / swaying on all fours can help the baby turn so you might want to try doing this a few times a day.

Spanish

Old 05-28-2005, 08:15 AM   #6

caedmyn HB User

I've read that there are different positions you can try yourself to turn the baby. You might research it online and see what you can find. I have also heard that chiropractors can turn the baby.

Also, it is perfectly possible to deliver a breech baby vaginally. Your doctor may not feel comfortable with it, but if you don't have any luck turning the baby and really want to avoid a C-section, it might be worth trying to find a doctor who does feel comfortable with breech babies.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #7
(male)

itsjustlittleme HB User

Hi,
I've heard that you can put cold ice packs on the top of your bump (Baby's head) which helps the baby to turn, Then afterward go onto all fours with your bum in the air and head on the floor.
Good luck!!

Closed Thread