It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 02:23 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User
Talking Soo Cool!

i finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat...i'm 15 weeks and baby had a strong heartbeat of 169 bpm! i can't get the sound out of my head. it was sooooo cool and sooo exciting. i was disappointed that my husband couldn't be there but made sure next month's appointment was on his day off so he can see the ultrasound...

*sigh* now, besides not fitting my clothes, being pregnant feels more real...i can hear the sound of my baby's heart over and over again...such a wonderful thing!!!

had my triple screen today...i'm so nervous!!! if they do find a positive result, do they call you or do they wait until your next appointment? i've never been too worried about the health of my baby until today when i really thought about the triple screen...any words of wisdom from the experienced?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 02:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Re: Soo Cool!

DH and I got to hear our little one's heartbeat again yesterday at our midwife appt. We never cease to lose our amazement whenever we hear that. It's so lovely! She always sounds so strong.

Did you doctor/nurse say anything to you when they drew your blood for the triple test? When I had mine drawn the midwife said that if I didn't hear anything within a week all was well. I never heard anything so I didn't worry. I got the actual results at my next appt. Do you usually phone the doctor for test results or do they call you? Try not to stress too much (easier said than done I know) because I'm sure everything is fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
BabyMomma26

I called the day after i had blood drawn, since the hospital is right next to the Dr office! I, for some reason, was worried, but all is A-OK!

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 05-27-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
(female)

TESS1 HB User

My OB told me that the triple screen sometimes gives false positives. I had alot of reservations about it so she told me that unless a positive result would change rather or not I would have my baby, that it was not necessary to do the screening. Terminating my pregnancy would never be an option, so I decided against the test. My cousin had a positive result on her triple screen, but come to find out she was pregnant with twins and her hormone levels were much higher.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

they didn't ask me whether i wanted it or not...they just sent me down to the lab i've read about the false positives and that it was optional...but i will hope for the best and i try not to worry! nothing will make me terminate my pregnancy either

Old 05-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #6
(female)

TESS1 HB User

I'm sure everything is fine. My OB has a large practice in OKC. She told me between her patients and the other doctors patients in her medical center, they only had two "real" positives in all of last year. That's pretty good odds.
Anoter test I declined was the HIV test. There was a disclaimer that said it was a new test that was being tried out and that it sometimes gives false positives. Who needs that stress, especially when you're pregnant. I have been tested before when I took out a life insurance policy, so I felt OK about not testing for that either. They want to do all these tests but the tests are not reliable, it's kinda scary.

Closed Thread