It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

angelbc HB User
Am I the only one???

Okay to start out with I am 17 weeks pregnant and my husband and I already have a 5 1/2 yr. old son. We are both wishing and praying this one will be a girl since my husband did say no more kids after this one regardless what the gender is. So I had my doc appt. yesterday and found out that next Friday I can do the ultrasound and find out the sex. At first I was really excited but now I am worried that if they do say it is a boy I will get very depressed. I don't want to feel this way and I now it shouldn't matter as long as it is healthy but I cannot see going through my life and not ever having my own daughter to share things with. My mom and I are very close and I guess I am looking into the future that i would want that special mother/friendship bond with my daughter. Is anyone else in my situation? Any advice?

Old 05-27-2005, 08:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User
Re: Am I the only one???

All my life I always said I only wanted girl babies and NO boys. Guess what? We are having a boy!! When I was first pg I would go to the store and look at all those cute girl outfits and wish for a girl. Then when we got to the point where I am having the ultrasound and the tech asked us if we wanted to know and if we were hoping for one or the other. Now my DH didn't care all along. But then when I got to that point and we are looking at this little baby on the monitor I realized I honestly didn't care one way or the other if it was a boy or girl. Now we know for sure it is a boy and I think I am as happy as I would be if it were a girl. I am not disappointed and I can't wait till he gets here. Don't know if this helps you, but either way let us know what it is when you have the ultrsound done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

Mommy2Isaiah HB User

I was in the same position as you. My dh and I are expecting and we both desperately wanted a girl, since I brought a boy with me into the relationship and he was extremely young when he had his daughter. He initially didn't want to know what we were having, and I did. When it came time to find out, he said to go ahead and we found out we were having a boy. I'm so glad for his sake that we found out b/c he was a little depressed for a few months about it. I was a little upset, but by the time I wiped the jelly off my belly, I was fine because he looked great, had great heart rhythm, and most importantly, he was a product of a wonderful marriage and two loving people. That's all that mattered in the end. I can't wait for him to be here, even though it is much harder to find clothes that are cute for boys! Hang in there, it'll be alright if you are having a boy. My dh still says "no more babies" after this one, but I'm not so sure he really believes it. I would be fine with no more, just my 2 boys and us (and his daughter).
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost

Old 05-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #4
(female)

basstracker1970 HB User

Hello, I want a boy very bad! Our only child, Nikki our daughter is 12 years old. We are hoping this is a boy because my husbands family name will stop with us if we dont have a boy, also we already have a girl, I would like to have 1 of each. I feel like you all do, I dont want to be disappointed if its a girl, thats not right, especially if it is healthy. Deep down I know in my heart I will appreciate anything God feels we should have....

Old 05-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
(female)

fillorbust HB User

I felt the need to respond to this post because I felt the same way you did on our last child. I must tell you that we have 3ds and no girls. We are pregnant with #4 which I believe is another boy (we didn't want to know this time). You know, the reason I wanted a girl so bad was for the same reason that you do. I know what kind of relationship I have with my mom and I can say that most boys do not; although in some cases they have a wonderful relationship with their mothers/families. I've got to tell you that I have a sister that really doesn't have a good relationship with our mom and it's more of a conveinience thing for her, but my brother on the other hand has the same relationship with my mom that I do. They talk quite a bit and share a lot of info. He also goes over to their house alot. I have looked at the men in our families (uncles/cousins and such), and they have good relationships as well.

I have found that boys are great and have such different attitudes than girls. They are usually a little easier going and get over things quickly! Which is a bonus . I have come to believe it's in how you raise your children and what you teach them to be important (like family) that makes a difference no matter what sex they are.

It was hard for my husband to understand why it was so important to me to have a girl, but like I told him, when you are a little girl all you think about is growing up, getting married and having a little girl of your own. I never gave it a thought about having a little boy!!

I know it's a hard thing to get over (not having a girl) and it makes it hard when people rub it in (that's been done to me), but all in all, boys are great. I wouldn't trade any of mine for anything!! Good luck to you. I hope all goes well and I hope this helps. The main thing is that the baby is healthy!! I keep trying to remind myself of that as well, and there is nothing we can do to "help" make one sex or the other. (despite all the books and remedies that are out there, trust me on that one!) It's all decided for us when the sperm/egg meet.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

I would NOT get your tubes tied or have anything done other than reg. birth control. You never know later on if that little girl may come along. I am having my 4th girl, no boys. I don't really want a boy & neither does my husband. I love having all girls. My husband told me after my 3rd that we won't going to have anymore. Matter of fact he wouldn't even disscuss it any longer. But here we are 5 years later having our 4th. And guess what, it was his decision to have another child. So men do change their minds too just like women do. I am having my tubes tied this time for health reasons but I am so glad I didn't do it earlier.
Good Luck!
Chris(29wks4days)

Old 05-27-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I thought the exact same thing! I had a little girl name, and little girl clothes, all this was done before I got pregnant, had had that stuff for years! And I always wanted a girl. But, as soon as I found out I was pregnant I had this thought, this is a boy! And then when we saw the ultrasound, there HE was, lol. And about ten ultrasounds have showed a boy, so we are pretty sure. Sure, the clothes aren't quite as cute, but I cannot belive that I could love him anymore, even if he was a girl. And a plus of having a boy, my dad finally gets his boy! He has me and my sis and he loves us, very much, but he always tried to make us both into boys, lol. Although we are tomboys! I didn't even ever think about the fact that I would have liked a girl better! I might say, next time maybe I will get a girl so I can put this dress on her. But I don't ever even think, I wish this was a girl so I could put this dress on her, or anything like that!
I don't think you have anything at all to be worried about, I think you will be so happy just to have the baby, regardless of whether it is a boy or girl, you will love it!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MissT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstracker1970
Hello, I want a boy very bad! Our only child, Nikki our daughter is 12 years old. We are hoping this is a boy because my husbands family name will stop with us if we dont have a boy, also we already have a girl, I would like to have 1 of each. I feel like you all do, I dont want to be disappointed if its a girl, thats not right, especially if it is healthy. Deep down I know in my heart I will appreciate anything God feels we should have....

This is VERY similar to our situation. We have one child a daughter who will be 12 this year. Her dad wouldn't lie he said straight out he wanted a boy to carry on his last name since his dad died and there aren't any other boys in his direct family. I actually didn't care either way although I never pictured myself having a boy. We found out this past week it's a boy and when I looked up at my husband he almost broke down, he had to turn away so that made me happy that he is getting exactly what he wanted. Maybe you guys will have the same luck.

Closed Thread