It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
Horrable cold and an insesitive doctor

Saturday morning I woke up with this horrable cold that I am still trying to get rid of. After going through the weekend in 90 degree weather during the worst part of the cold I get to deal with the worst imaginable coughing fits that have been killing me all day and all night long.
Anyway I spent all of Tuesday, tuesday night and Wednesday coughing my brains out as a result of that I had noticed Wednesday evening that I havnt felt my baby move since noon I of course tried what would be advised to me such as eating or drinking something sweet, laying on my left side, showering and nothing got this little baby to move. So at 8:00pm I called my doctor and was actually told "well I guess the only way to reassure you that your baby is fine is to bring you in to the hospital and let you listen to the heart beat".
Reassure me? give me a break I havnt felt my usually very active baby move in 8 hours, what a messed up thing to say.
Anyway I get to the hospital and they put me a birthing room hook meup to the machine that monitors the heart rate and contractions anyway her little heart was beating at 140 like it should but every time I coughed it would drop down to 120 and then raise up to 160 and go back to 140. I was monitored for about an hour then that wonderful moran doctor of mine comes in the room and tells me that I have a happy baby that just wants attention and that I can go home. You know Im not doctor but I dont think this baby is too happy if her heart rate is fluctuating so much but what the hell do I know.
Also I was told that I shouldnt be so conserned about a drop in fetal movement. My mom was there with me and she even thought this lady was a totaly idiot.
I know that my concerns were valid and that I was in no way wrong for going to the hospital, I just cant believe how badly I was treated, like I was stupid and just wasted the doctors time. Sorry to just go on and on I just really needed to complain about this it really bothered me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Horrable cold and an insesitive doctor

That was awful! but the fact that her heart beat was showing a change when you were coughing is normal, I had the same thing, I was strapped to those machines and they had me to cough and move some to make sure the contraction part was working, and one time it measured his heart at 200! It has soemthing to do with how the thing moves or something.
I am so sorry that your dr was so mean to you! Is she moving better now? I hope things get better for you!

Old 05-29-2005, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

some doctors should not be able to practice, as well as complaining here i would go to the relevant people and complain about the doctor to. If you don't it just makes it ok for him to speak to some one else in the same way. You did the right thing getting checked out your baby is lucky she/he has such a thoughtful mother making sure he/she was ok.

Old 05-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #4

AngelBaby1105 HB User

It sounds like you dr is a real jerk, I would probley look into another dr because if she is that careless with your child now think of how she will be when the birth of your baby comes she may be worse and make you uncomfortable and you need to be as comfortable as possible because you will have alot going on and you dont need an A-hole of a dr delivering your baby, the sounds of it she is just in it for the money and nothing else, she might end up harming you and or your child being so careless, I not trying to frighten you its just what I would do if I had a dr like that.

Closed Thread