It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
(female)

sunnydayz05 HB User
water breaking

is anyone else paronoid that their water is going to break and just be a trickle? and not noticing that it's broken right away. i'm close (have 9 days till due) and every time i'm sitting and i feel a little moisture down there i'm thinking it's trickling out...sounds silly oh well. i also noticed a purple bruise looking line going down my butt crack..scarry hand mirror. anyone else have that line from the top of your tailbone to your uh..(lack of a better word (********?)

Old 05-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: water breaking

I'm in week 25 and had the trickle scare earlier in the week. I experimented for a couple days, and it turns out I am just sweating a whole lot between my legs. I was a little nervous for those couple days because I'm not nearly as close to my due date as you.

I'm more paranoid about my water breaking somewhere in public for everyone to see. Knowing me, it will gush with some hot guy there to see it all.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

My water did have a slow leak in it for 1 or 2 days before I knew what it was and I think I could definitly recognize it this time. I have had leaking which I was checked for and found it was not water but discharge(I am paranoid about it) but the difference is that everytime I would sit for a little while or lay down my underwear would get wet every time I stood up if I was standing I really didn't feel anything but Ive read the baby's head will act like a cork.

Old 05-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
(female)

cody48 HB User

My DIL had a fear of her water breaking in public with her first son. Well, THAT didn't happen but she did get up to go to the bathroom and noticed that she was "dribbling" a bit. She thought it was just because she might have waited a bit too long. Well, she KEPT "dribbling" so she started wondering if it was her water. She was 2 1/2 wks. early but her doctor said to go on into the hospital and they could test it to determine whether it was her water or not and it was. So, she was admitted.

She is now 40 wks. due tomorrow and has been looking for this baby for 2 1/2 wks. (since the first one came earlier). Since she is further along she has the worry again that her water will break in public. It will be interesting. We are living by the phone. I don't believe this little one is EVER going to make his presence known.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

jenn.e HB User

When my sister went into labor they went to break her water and it was already broken. She never even knew. I think it depends on where your baby's head is. When mine broke the water didnt stop leaking until I gave birth because it replenishes every 15 mins.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My doctor told me that if it is amniotic fluid, it wil keep leaking and will fill about a pad an hour. That's how she said I would know. Otherwise, it's probably urine.

Old 05-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
(female)

akwjules HB User

Hahahaha That's why I love this site!! It makes me feel so much better that there are soooo many women out there with the same fears I'm experiencing. I'm 27 weeks along and am just as scarred about my water breaking in public with the hot guy watching!! My first child came early and the Doctor broke mine, so I dont have any experience to rely on. I too am always sweaty between the legs and wonder if I will even notice or if it will be a big gush. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I feel a whole lot better now, knowing we share these feelings.
Julie

Closed Thread