It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #1

AngelBaby1105 HB User
had first ultrasound!!!!

I had my first u/s on 5-24 to find out if I was farther along in my preg. It turns out I am right were I should be 15 wks, my dr thought I was around 18 wks because my uterus is at my bellybutton and I have felt the baby moving since 11 wks very early well it turns out I am right on schedule according to my last period and u/s, but at 14 wks the tech. couldnt tell what the sex was but the baby weighed 3 oz, should she have been able to tell the sex or is it still too early??? Also if they couldn't see everything they wanted do you think they are going to do another u/s, the tech told me they would most likely do another in about 5-6 wks I am anxious to find out the sex I have a boy and now I want a girl, after this one there wont be anymore so I hoppe I get my wish granted but even if it is a boy I will still love it the same as if it were a girl but I really want a girl!!! should i feel bad for wanting a girl so bad???

Old 05-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: had first ultrasound!!!!

Congrats! I am glad all looked well! They cant' tell the sex this early. I think the earliest they can tell is like 18 weeks or something. But a boys testicles can drop as late as 22 weeks.
You shouldnt feel bad about wanting a girl! I wanted one too, sort of, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I knew it was a boy, I dont' know how, i just knew! And as soon as I found out, I forgot all about having wanted a girl! I couldnt' love this little guy anymore!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 02:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Congrats on your scan! The sex of the baby is usually confirmed at the 20 week scan. Don't feel bad about wishing for a girl. It's human nature to have a little wish for one or the other. As soon as you find out the sex though you'll be so happy and flooded with love...regardless if you're having a boy or a girl.

Take care!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

They were able to clearly see mine was a girl at 17 weeks when I was getting my amnio.

My doc said the gender is pretty easily identified around week 16. He said he prefers to wait until at least week 18 to discuss gender unless someone like me comes in a week or 2 earlier for something...it's close enough. Normally, they will do that at your 20 week sonogram.
Gayle

Closed Thread