It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Did you Know?

I am just wondering if you "knew" you were pregnant before you actually found out? I am asking because I was actually on the pill when I got pregnant, but I just quit taking, for no apparent reason. I also cut way back on my caffeinne intake. I cannot take regular pain meds (like advil, tylenol) so instead I can either take extra phenobarbital (not much, you don't need much!) or attivan. Both of which are bad for baby, and I just quit taking the extra pheno ( I was stil taking my regular dose, I had too) and the attavin complety, instead switching to something else, cannot remeber the name to save my life, but it is not dangerous.
And I really do not know what even led me to take the pregnancy test, I had already taken one a few weeks earlier becaue my hair was falling out, and it was negative, well I would have only been like 3 or 4 days post conception, so obvioulsy it was negative. But I had absolutely no reason to think I was pregnant, I was sickly feeling, but I have been sickly feeling for almost 6 years now, lol. I also had really itchy palms but didn't know at that time that this a sign of pregnancy. I just decided one afternoon, complety randomly to take the test!
So, did any of you sort of know, subconsciounly that you were pregnant?

Old 05-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User
Re: Did you Know?

I had a strong feeling I was, I am 21 so I would go out and drink and have fun almost every weekend but after I felt like I could have been I couldn't bring myself to go out to the bars or drink a whole lot, didn't have any reason not to since I didn't know but I didn't want to do any of that stuff any more. My dh wanted to buy a new set of golf clubs and since we were kind of trying, (just started that month) I asked him to wait just in case I was, "your not pregnant" of course was his response, he really wanted the clubs lol, I told him I feel like I may be and two weeks later sure enough a positive test. thats my story

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 02:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My DH and I had been TTC for about nine months when one night after we had made love I had this amazing feeling wash over me. I just knew we had done it. Somehow I knew with that "session" something very special had happened and we had concieved. I later took 2 preg tests that both came back neg but a couple days later we had a positive test come back at the hospital. Turns out my "feeling" was correct!

Nicole

Old 05-30-2005, 04:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I had no idea I was pregnant. I had been off the depo for 8 months & we were having unprotected sex. We had talked about maybe trying to have a kid about a year after the depo. My periods never had really come back yet.

I had been sick with a cold for 3 weeks & feeling really bloated & sore in the woman's area. Couldn't shake it off. Decided I needed to go see my gyno anyway because I hadn't had a woman's exam for just over a year, and wanted more info about coming off the depo (I'd been on it for 7½ years) based on how I was feeling.

Just a fluke...a friend asked me on the telephone if my husband & I were thinking about kids anytime soon. When she said that, I had this deep pit feeling in my gut. Searched the internet for pregnancy info immediately after getting off the phone. Every pregnancy symptom I had I could explain away due to my lingering cold, and being tired from just coming home from an action-packed 2 week vacation. Took a home test the next morning because the thought of being possibly pregnant wouldn't leave my brain. Test was positive.

Turns out I was already 5 weeks preggo & didn't even know it. If my friend hadn't said that, hard telling how far along I'd be before I would have figured it out or gone to the doctor. I wait to get to a doctor until the last minute.
Gayle

Old 05-30-2005, 05:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

My husband and I started trying in the beginning of October 2004. I had been on the pill for 15 years or so and thought it would take a while to get pregnant because of that combined with teh fact that I was 37 at the time. We both work and are tired ont he weekdays so mostly our schedule for sex is limited to the weekends. Well 10 days after we started trying, I woke up one Saturday and felt completely exhausted. I forced myself out of bed and did my morning routine which inclded going to the gym. On the way home, I fell asleep in the car (husband driving - not me!) during a 5 minute ride. When we got home, I felt weak all over and more hungry than I ever have in my life. I sat down and thought, "can I really be pregnant so fast?" well sure enough, I was (am), I had to wait two weeks between that tired Saturday and taking the test but I knew.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:08 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

I had no idea. In fact although we were TTC I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't pregnant that month because I'd had some light bleeding (not implantation bleeding, just a very light period at about the time it would have been due). I only tested because we were about to go out with some pretty hard-drinking friends and because I'd only had spotting rather than a proper period I didn't want to worry about it at all. When the test came up positive I was totally and utterly shocked! I was five weeks at the time I tested and if we hadn't had the night out planned I'm not sure I would even have tested at all for another few weeks.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
BabyMomma26

I KNEW the night I got pregnant that I was pregnant! And it was weird, cause he asked me, do you think you got pregnant? I did!! We werent trying, but it happend! I believe things happen for a reason! And as far as being on birth control then not taking it, you are MOST fertile when you come off!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

you know, I didnt' think about it until TiggerGirl and babymomma said that, but one night, after sex, I am not sure it was the right night or not, I got up to get redressed and all, and I remeber putting my hand on my belly and just feeling really happy, and sort of full like. that makes no sense, lol.
The first time I took the test that came back negative, my friend asked me, you were kind of sad weren't you, and I said, yeah a little. Then about a week later, i was so upset about this friend of mine leaving work, he was about the onlyperson there I got along with, and I was just a wreck, and he called me up, and said, you must be pregnant, and hung up. So I guess he knew before me, lol.
But sounds like most of us had a feeling.

Closed Thread