It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
(female)

malizoom HB User
Baby not moving around today...

HI ladies,

I may just be feeling a bit paranoid but my usually very active baby has barely, if even, moved today. I usually feel her when I wake up in the morning and when I shook my tummy I got a little bang in response, but so far that's been it.
Should I be worried (which I already am) or is it normal?

Old 05-30-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User
Re: Baby not moving around today...

How far along are you? In the later stages of pregnancy I believe babies do have quieter and more active days. Mine was really quiet on Saturday and I was a bit worried. Then yesterday it was a total change and I think there was party going on in my tummy!

Try drinking something cold and sweet and then lying down on your side to feel for movement. It doesn't matter if the baby is having a quiet day as long as you are feeling some movement. However, if the drop in movement continues for a couple of days then you should call your doctor to just check everything is ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 04:22 AM   #3
(female)

malizoom HB User

Oh yeah, forgot to mention- I'm 24 weeks. I tried drinking something sweet already. I've been feeling very slight, very infrequent movement throughout the day but nothing like I normally feel. My father in law is a doctor in a hospital and can give me an ultrasound whenever I like...do you think it's worth it just to put my mind at ease?

Old 05-30-2005, 04:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm 25 weeks. I feel it moving every day. Most days she is moving around a lot...enough where it almost drives me nuts. But, every once in a while, she's pretty quiet in there & I don't feel a thing until later in the evening. I don't worry too much about it. I can say that if I was in a second consecutive day of not feeling movement, I'd be calling my doc...DISCLAIMER...that 2 day timeframe is my timeframe & my comfort level, not one given to me by my doctor.
Gayle

Old 05-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

The nurse at the hospital told me to not let it go a couple days without movement. I'm at 23 weeks. My baby has really active days and then some it barely moves. I've gotten really worried about it some days and then all of a sudden it has one where I swear it never stops. I think it has a lot to do with what you are doing on a particular day. The more active I am the less I notice the movement. On my really lazy days I feel it like crazy. It also feels like it's changed it's "schedule" a little. I used to feel it at really regular times and now it seems to be happening more at different times, if that makes sense. There's been a lot more movement in the middle of the night than there used to be. I'm sure everything is fine. Somedays they probably just sleep a little more.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiedy HB User

I'm 30wks now, and I noticed huge difference in baby's movement in the last 4wks. On average I stopped feeling the baby's kicking so much. Now I feel more general movement, not so much the kicking. So I think it's normal to notice change in movement. I was worried too initially, and now actually miss the strong kicks I used to feel upto 24 wks. As long as you feel something through out the day, you're probobly fine.

Closed Thread