It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 08:20 AM   #1

crazygirl HB User
Unhappy Past Due Date..

Hello

I'm past my Due date, I was surposed to get induced TODAY, but the the people at the hospail messed up the day, so its now for June 1st ( which really ticks me off) Anways, is there anything I can do at home, that wont hurt my baby that I can do to help bring on my own labor? I heard the red raspberry's, ( not sure if that really works) do, but i dont know. All I know is the further she goes ( baby) past her due date the more paraniod, annoyed, and ticked off I'm getting

Thanks to anyone that can help
Crazygirl

Old 05-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: Past Due Date..

Jump up and down a few times or take a drive over some train tracks...lol, just kidding. Actually, I've heard that having sex, and nipple stimulation can start labor. Or maybe take some walks. I have also heard about the red raspberry thing...give it all a try!!! Good luck!!

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

thomps11 HB User

Hi there,

Im feeling for you! I am a week overdue and still waiting patiently!
I have been told that If this baby doesnt come by June 3, then I will be getting induced then.

Anyways there are a bunch of things you can do which I have been doing and well im still waiting..
1. nipple stimulation
2. walking
3. squatting
4. red rasberry leaf tea (steeped over 12 mins 2x per day).. not red raspberries they wont do a thing.
5. evening primrose oil 6000 mg per day
6. there are a bunch of homepatic's you can take too
7. sex and lots of it...

These were all reccomended by my midwife.. Some people take castor oil but my midwife is strongly against it so I dont plan on doing that one!

Hope this helps.. How overdue are you????

thomps11

Old 05-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #4

crazygirl HB User

Hello

And thank you.. to answer your question today will be day #4 past my due date. I would ask my dr this but she's out of town till very late tonite. Um Is sex safe when your already dialating? Last time I went in she told me I was about 2 cm's and 80% effaced. ( that was May 21st) I always thought after that all started happening sex wasnt a good idea?

Old 05-30-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

sex is still ok, as long as your water has not broken, then it would not be, but sure go for it, and have that baby lol. the primrose won't work in a short time like that. You are already dilating and effaced/soft. I tried this with my first and it did nothing for me whatsoever, I still had to be induced and when I was, they told me my cervix had not changed at all. good luck

Old 05-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I doubt this is considered safe anymore, but my Great Aunt drank quinine water to try to induce labor. She also drank castor oil, neither worked though, her son was 4 weeks late, lol. good luck!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:24 PM   #7

bluefish HB User

Crazygirl,

I am in the same situation. I was supposed to be induced today, Monday May 30th, however they changed it to Wednesday June 1st. I've been hoping the baby would come before an induction because I really don't want the pitocin. I've been trying natural things but nothing has worked for me so far. Though, I haven't done anything like castor oil because I 've heard some bad things about it. I've tried walking, swinging on a swing, sex, nipple stimulation, heating pad on my chest, bouncing on the birthing ball, and red raspberry tea. My midwife even did the stripping the membrane thing. So, I wish you well with trying to induce naturally because I understand. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing my little girl soon as I'm sure you are looking forward to seeing your baby. I wish you well.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:47 AM   #8

crazygirl HB User

again, thank you all for your imput. and good luck to you all that need it.

Closed Thread