It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
preeclampsia?

Hi everyone I hope your all doing well. I have a question went to the dr. friday the nurse took my blood pressure and left the dr. came in a minute later and took it himself asked if I was working the told me to stop and go on bedrest. My bloodpressure was 140/90 I am very surprised because it's been low this whole preg. I had preeclampsia with my son & it was very bad but I think I am fine I haven't gained any weight this whole preg. but was 3 lbs heavier on fri but I lost it again.I also do not have any edema.Has anyone just had a bout of high blood pressure and not preeclamsia? I cannot stand bedrest not that I really get to do too much because I have a toddler but I get restless and could he send me back to work if it's normal next week?

Old 05-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
BabyMomma26

Re: preeclampsia?

I doubt you will go back to work. I had this with my 3 kids and when I went to my 1st visit on Friday my BP was 152/92! My Dr was not that concerned cause I was a bit nervous. I was written out of work 3 months early!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

Did your BP stay high or get high again towards delivery? I am 36 wk 2d.

Old 05-30-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
BabyMomma26

Im 17 weeks!! With my 1st 2 it stayed high, with the last, it was high and went down, watched my salt intake and all. I cant wait to go again next month and see what it is...but i go to my u/s on Friday! Did you find out what your having? I wanted to but now that its close, I dont think I do. Hubby does. I have 3 boys, but I have a feeling this is a girl, and if it is i need to get ready! NO girls stuff in my house I'm the only one!!

Old 05-30-2005, 02:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I am having a girl. I didn't want to find out until about a week or two before then the suspense was killing me. I have a boy who's 18 months now so I had no girl stuff either.Let me know if you find out!I hope you get what you want a girl would be a nice balance out for you.

Old 05-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
BabyMomma26

The suspense is getting me to, but I likes the surprise I had with my last one, not knowing and all. Who knows, maybe Ill change my mind when I get in there...I'll definitely let you know tho

Old 05-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Did all they do was take your BP? Cause there are lots of other things they usually do to check for that. I have been in the hospital twice for early labor, and both times my BP was really high when I got there, once it was in the dr, but they had the wrong size cuff and when they got the right one it was fine, but at the hospital, they checked my urine and monitored me for a while, cause mine had been great the whole time also. Then the second time, they checked my reflexes, and since they were brisk (i have no idea what that meant!) they did a blood test, and the test was fine. So i stayed for a while, and after I had been off my feet and calm for a while it went down. And has been fine since. IF all they did was take your BP and not even tell your about your urine I would ask for more tests!
good luck!

Old 05-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #8
BabyMomma26

They did my bp and urine, said it was fine, i was a little dehydrated, but I was fine. Then they did the 1st time ck up stuff, heartbeat, coulters, weight, all that.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Oops, I meant to adress that post to Shelliam, lol.
But, BabyMomma I am glad to hear your other stuff was fine!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

They check my urine everytime I go. When I had my son he told me when the protein showed it was a few days after the first high reading .I also have no headache, blurred vision, edema or pain in my belly.I checked my bp yesterday and it had gone down a bit 138/82 but still much higher than my normal. the first time she took my bp she did have the wrong size cuff she ussually gets halfway through the first try before she realizes she has the wrong one so it's funny you said that.I have talked to a few people and I think he may just be careful this time because of my past history.I am losing the bedrest battle. I feel fine so it's making me crazy.

Closed Thread