It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User
3D/4D Fetal Portraits

Has anyone had these done, what did you think of them also some people I talk to say that they are not good for the baby, is this true? If you had the done how many weeks were you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 08:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User
Re: 3D/4D Fetal Portraits

I had this done about 2.5 weeks ago and they are awesome! I was 34 weeks when I did it and there doesn't appear to have done any harm, in fact, they advised my DR I came in for it!!! If they were harmful - why then would they bother telling the DR?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 12:01 PM   #3

caedmyn HB User

I personally wouldn't get one because of concern of their safety. I posted some information about studies showing ultrasound possibly not being entirely safe on another recent thread (I believe it was called # of ultrasounds), although everyone else apparently thinks I'm nuts. Since 3D/4D ultrasounds are stronger than a regular ultrasound, I would be even more concerned about them. Most babies don't like ultrasound anyway (they try and move away from it when they are small enough to do so). And ultrasound is often used to break up scar tissue after old injuries, so even though it's "just sound waves", it obviously has the potential to affect tissue.

I would just recommend doing some research for yourself before having one done.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #4

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

I think they look so awesome. My dr tries to avoid having u/s whenever possible, because they do NOT know the long term effects of them on babies. I do think it's neat to have such a clear picture of your little one before they are born

Old 05-31-2005, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brwneyez9 HB User

I had 3 of the 3d/4d ultrasounds done. I was the most amazing thing we have done. My husband said it was the best fathers day gift her could of got. We did it last year on fathers day. I was just wonderful. Really words can't decribe how you feel when you see this amazing life growing inside you. I have read some where that ultrasounds can be harmful. The longer you go the more changes there are. Where i am from you have to have you ob's promission to get one. I don't think that if my doctor thought that it was going to hurt my baby that much that she would have let me do it. My DD is 8 months old now and doing just fine. I really trust my doctor to do the right thing for my DD. She wouldn't have put me or my baby in harms way. She would have told me no if she really thought it would do damage.

Old 05-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

We had one done. I wouldnt have had it done, it's kind of expensive, but MIL paid for all but 20.00 of it, and DH really wanted it. The pics are really amazing. They wouldn't be any more dangerous than regular ones, the sound waves are the same, it's just the machine itself that is different.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
(female)

JAMIE0512 HB User

many perinatologists use them on a weekly basis, i would think that if they really werent safe, then they wouldnt use them!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Whenever you're about to have a medical procedure the doctors, midwives, whoever are required by law to warn you about any potential dangers the procedure may exspose you to. They're legally and ethically required to do this. Whenever I have an ultrasound done I'm always given info telling me that there is no proof that the scans harm the baby. As Cattieos said, they're just sound waves and pose no danger.

Closed Thread