It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User
Water break versus increased discharge?

Is it really obvious if your water breaks? I'm sitting here at work, and I have so much "discharge" that it has actually for the first time soaked through my pants. I've heard that sometimes it isn't a gush but slow leak, and if the baby's head is down, you might not notice as much b/c the head acts as a cork. Does this seem like a normal amount of discharge? What is everybody's experience who's water has broke - is it unmistakable? I have my appointment at 4:45 so I'm not concerned about going to the hospital, but wondering if DH should meet me there with my bag I'm almost 37 weeks...

Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #2

pgta5 HB User
Re: Water break versus increased discharge?

It should be clear and odorless, like water...can you check? Place a maxi pad if you are able and see what is coming out! You may be "leaking" ...but when the sack breaks it is unmistakable. My water broke in the hospital and scared the heck out of me. Mine was definately a "gush" and a very warm feeling.

You should definately call your dr if you haven't already.

Wishing you the best!~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I leaked for a day or two before I went to get checked I didn't recognize it. I would stand up and it would soak my underwear I thought it was discharge too but this was just like water no texture or smell.when I went in they confirmed I was leaking and my doc broke my water fully and that was a huge warm gush.Good luck at your appointment!

Old 05-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

My doctor told me that if it is amniotic fluid leaking, it will be a continuous leak (it replenishes itself) and will fill about a pad an hour. It is also colorless and odorless like the other posters have indicated.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #5
BabyMomma26

I went thru this problem, but with all of my kids, my water never broke. They had to do it for me. I had an increased discharge, but the Dr said to use a pad b/c it was like a clear sticky fluid, not water. When your water breaks it is like warm water

Old 05-31-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

Thanks for the input. Keep it coming... I don't think this would fill a pad an hour, but I can't tell what color it is b/c I am wearing grey underpants and black pants. I think what made me think so much about this is that I am also having contractions. I'm starting to get a little nervous (and excited). I called home and asked DH to finish packing my bag :-)

Old 05-31-2005, 10:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

JodyC HB User

I moved my appointment up to 2:15 from 4:45, but I am really starting to think this is just an increase in discharge. I'll know soon

Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

Let us know what happens good luck!!

Old 05-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #9

crazygirl HB User

hello

Now you got me wondering. I am 5 days past my due date. About 2 days ago, I start getting this clear odorless liquid coming out, not in a gush, not with any blood and with few or no contractions. The liquid just dips off and on though out the day. I'm going in tomorrow, to be induced, but telling you this does it sound like maybe I should go in sooner?

thank you to whoever started this post and to whoever can answer that for me
Crazygirl

Last edited by crazygirl; 05-31-2005 at 11:26 AM.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:43 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

crazygirl, I would at least call your doc and see what they say, get checked, maybe you too are leaking. good luck

Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 PM   #11
(female)

rboyette HB User

JodyC,
Is everything okay? I was trying to do a search on your pcos / pregnancy journey. I was diagnosed about 6 yrs ago with it. I am going on a low card diet /the South Beach diet and my doc is going to try metformin and clomid again. I wanted to ask you how bad were the injectable shots did you have any bad side effects from them. I am about 40 lbs overweight and its time to get this weight off so I can conceive. I should have went on a diet a long time ago. I have pd about once or twice a yr. Can you give me any pointers? Did insurance cover the injections from the RE. Just wandering my doc is sending me to a doc in four months he wants to see how my diet and metformin do for the next four months. Were you ever overweight while dealing with pcos. Was there a certain diet you went on.please let me know also I wish you an easy delivery and god bless u and your family.

Closed Thread