It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

sunnydayz05 HB User
is it backlabor? or back ache?

i've heard people mention backlabor...i've just passed my hurting back off as just part of being this far along and all the strain on my back. today i was wondering why i haven't had contractions i've got 7 days tilll due...what do you all know about back labor symptoms? and if you have them are then in stead of contractions? or do you get both? is back labor contractions in your back? i can't get a clear answer..

Old 05-31-2005, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: is it backlabor? or back ache?

When I was pregnant, the nurses in OB/Triage told me what i was experiencing was probably back labor or either the baby being either in a posterior position. I still really don't know. It happened a a day or 2 before my water actually broke. I don't know if this is what your experiencing but let me know. I remember I couldn't sleep because laying down even hurt. I would wake up with these awful burning/aching pains in my lower back to where I actually had to breathe through them. We eventually started timing them and they weren't very consistant however. I would be sitting on the couch and I would have to stop talking sometimes because the pain in my back would become so intense or if I was walking it would stop me dead in my tracks. *like i said just a horrible burning/aching senstation in my back.*

So the next day when my fiance and I went into Triage just as a precaution, right when they were about to discharge me MY WATER BROKE. How far along are you? I've heard however, that back labor is alot more painful than the all out actual labor. I think maybe all I experienced were contractions in my back...I went as long as I could go before I got my epidural, so everything was kinda numb after that.

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 05-31-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: is it backlabor? or back ache?

Random thing here, the OB nurse told me that the reason you have back labor is because the baby is postitioned where it is lookign at your butt
Anyway, I was having some contractions, that were back labor, and they felt like the cramps you get in your back when you have your period. But, it was really odd because only some of the pains I had like that were actually contractions. The ones that actually were kind of felt like they started in my back and then tightened around my stomach.

Closed Thread