It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 06:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Inducing

I was wondering if any of you that have been induced did it hurt worse then having labor come on naturally? I think my Dr will talk to me tomorrow about inducing and I REALLY want to since I don't feel like she is ever coming out on her own and since I think she is either breech OR traverse. I know that I'll have to have a C-section with a breech or traverse. My Mom said that being induced is horrible compared to going naturally but I've heard that they give you the epidural at the same time. I just want this baby already.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
Re: Inducing

Pitocin makes your contractions harder. that would be the only difference I can figure. When the gave me pitocin the contractions felt like being punched instead of creeping up and getting strong it was bad but they stopped once I got in a good pattern.Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I have always heard it was harder on momma and baby. And I dont know if this is just a random occurence or a regular thing, alot of the women I know around here who have been induced have had their babies born with the cords around their necks.

Old 06-01-2005, 06:11 AM   #4

Thando HB User

I was also induced with my first. It was really painful, although I can't say that it's better going naturally. I think that having that intense pain, almost immediately, rather than gradually is what makes the difference. I ended up having a c-section, but probably because of the epidural, which I was dead against having, but after 4 hours of that intense pain I could stand it any longer. Good luck.
T

Old 06-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

I went into labor naturally with my first and my contractions started out hard and strong at 5 minutes apart. With my 2nd, I got the gel to ripen my cervix and was supposed to get the pitocin early the following morning. My doctor said that in a subsequent pregnancy, the gel might start the contractions. They came on hard and strong and 5 minutes apart again. I didn't have a gradual buildup either time, and both were just as intense. The only difference for me was that when I got to the hospital with my first, I was dialated to 7 and got an epidural right away to relieve the pain. With the 2nd, I was already at the hospital when the contractions started and only dialated to 2 (had to be at least 4 for the epidural) and did not have the distractions of getting my stuff together and driving to the hospital to pass some of the time.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

See, my doctor said it was up to me when I wanted to have the epidural. I'm 2cm right now. Just lil miss I'm just worried about her. On Monday night she was like moving everywhere almost as if she was caught in the cord. Sunday night the L&D nurse said she was traverse so I figured Monday night she was trying to move all the way around and couldn't. It was like she'd move and couldn't and then pop back up. It's hard to describe the feeling. I want to try to get to atleast 5cm before I ask for an epidural but I'm not above an epidural lol. I go today at 2:30 and so I know hopefully he will do a U/S to see how she is laying and then I will talk to him. If she is breech or traverse still I think I'll ask about a C-section. Last week my one doctor asked me if I wanted to talk about induction but then found out she was breech and he never said another word about it. I dont' want to do anything to hurt her but I don't know if she is in distress because since 4:30am on Tuesday I haven't felt her as strongly as I was Monday night into Tuesday morning.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Closed Thread