It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 09:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Sitting

Ok, this may sound odd, but how are those of you who are in late pregnancy 35weeks+ sitting down? I cannot find a single way that is comfortable! Even sitting on the toilet is uncomfortable, lol. I have tried with my legs up, with them down, in the recliner, you name it.
Any advice?

Old 05-31-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Red face Re: Sitting

Sorry, hon - I am in the same boat! I am 39 weeks. I think there just comes a time when baby is so big, it's just always uncomfortable. This is my second and my first was the same - but I was 2 weeks late with him!!

I often end up laying on the couch with a pillow under my belly as support. Also, in a straight chair, try sitting with your butt a few inches from the back and then lean so your back is against the chair. It takes some of the pressure off your belly (but puts some on your butt!). You can't stay in any position forever but moving around helps!

Good luck!
J.

EDD 6/7/05
DS 1/20/04

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 02:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Re: Sitting

I agree with PurpleLightning.

Sitting is by far the most uncomfortable position. I am 34 weeks. I teach so that means during the day, I don't have to sit much. I do try to get off my feet for 10 minutes or so each hour by doing things like sitting with my butt far from the back of the chair. My most comfortable position is on my side with a pillow between my legs. When I sit, I feel like I am crunching htebaby sometimes!

While we are on the topic of discomfort, is anyone having a hard time bending over to tie shoes? I always heard that women felt like this in the end of pregnancy but I thought it was a joke. It actually kind of hurts and there is no way to breathe in for me while I do it. Baby must still be kind of high and pressing on my lungs. Thank god for sandals.

-Jen

Old 06-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Tie my shoes? I can't even see my feet to know if they are untied! Seriously though, I am having an awful time with that! DH actually had to tie them for me one day, they came untied in Petsmart and I just douldnt' do it. I usually just sit down and pull one leg up over the other to do it. Which isnt' good either. I found that I can still bend down, and sort of out, but not like to tie my shoes. Ihave even taken to using the vaccum to suck up the dirt from sweepign, cause I can't get down to use the dust pan! Well, that or calling my sis!

Last edited by cattieos; 06-01-2005 at 07:37 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm only in week 25 and having a hard time sitting for very long. When I do sit, the chair has to be pretty straight up, or with a slight recline but still straight.
Gayle

Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #6
(female)

dragonprincess HB User

Yes having same problome too.My most comfort postion is one pillow between my kness and one under my belly and one behind my back laying on my side.But I found that the big kid bouncing balls work good under the ankles when sitting its good for swollen hurting feet .

Closed Thread