It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User
Ten weeks and no sleep

I am 10 weeks 2 days but I have been having the worst time trying to fall asleep at night, I can't sleep next to DH, I can finally fall asleep on the couch around 4am. Last night I just couldn't get comfortable at all and fell asleep on the floor . I am tired, and want to fall asleep but I lay down and my eyes just won't shut and I just can't fall asleep. Has anyone experienced this in the early stages, if so how did you get through it? I think my DH is starting to think I hate him or somthing lol.
Thanks

Hope everyone is doing well

Old 05-31-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Re: Ten weeks and no sleep

I have been that way the whole time! I have kicked DH out of the bed so many times it isn't funny! And I have spent many a night on the couch too. I don't have an answer. There are some sleepign pills that are safe to take, just ask your dr.
hope it gets better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I I went through a stage of restless nights earlier on. I remember it was frustrating because I was used to sleeping really hard and having interesting dreams....I loved going to bed. Then, all of a sudden...no sleep. I became the queen of napping.

That went away. Now I have back pain (sciatic nerve) which prevents me from sleeping. The back pain is worse than being sleep deprived. If it's not 1 thing, it's always another!

You asked how you get through it. I wish I had an answer for you. Just take it day by day. You'll figure out your little tricks here and there. I always make sure I'm aware of my next milestone in the pregnancy to make me feel like I'm moving forward.

Hang in there.
Gayle

Old 06-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Gayle-I had really bad sciata pain for a while, and I found that the way to sleep was (and this sounds odd I know) in the recliner of hte couch, kind of leaned against the edge of the couch with my right leg on the part of the recliner that pops out, and my left leg up on the couch, sort of like I was in the birthing position. DH asked me if I was praticing. I know it sounds weird, but it was so comfortable!

Old 06-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #5
(female)

TESS1 HB User

Well, I am 6 1/2 weeks and I can do nothing but sleep. I am not trying to rub it in or anything I just wish I would start feeling normal again. I feel so lazy. I almost wish I would have some sleepless nights so I could get a few things done. I should probably watch out for what I wish for. I sleep at least 10-12 hours, and about 1-2 hours after I wake, I am asleep again. Does anybody know how long it will last. It's been 12 years since my daughter was born and I can't remember how I felt.

Old 06-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

I still have the unbelievable exhaustion, just cant put it to use lol. I am so tired and just want to sleep then I cant and after work I can't keep myself awake so I nap for about an hour, I think that may be my problem is that I nap too. I didn't today even though I wanted to so bad. I hope that helps me. I was always tired and able to just fall right to sleep up until about 8 or 9 weeks now I am just up up up. Well I hope you don't get the same way I am Tess good luck
Thanks everyone for your help

Closed Thread