It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 12:01 AM   #1
(female)

atousah HB User
Anyone else having nightmares? worried?!

I keep having really bad dreams, and I suddenly wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and shivering. Then I start worrying that this could affect the baby.
Anyone else with bad dreams? Do you think it could harm the baby?
I guess I keep having nightmares, since I am really worried about this pregnancy.

Old 06-01-2005, 01:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
Re: Anyone else having nightmares? worried?!

I've been having some intense nightmares for about 2 weeks. It's normal though to have vivid dreams/nightmares during pregnancy. Our hormone levels are all over the place and we have about a million thoughts running through our heads while we sleep. Factor in food (cravings) and all of that makes for nightmares/vivid dreaming. Try not to worry about it...all of this is normal.

Take care!

Nicole x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
(female)

ChristyDavis HB User

About month ago I was having nightmares, but I noticed that if I didn't eat an hour or two before I fell asleep I woundn't have them. Here lately I just don't eat after 9pm. Hope this will help with yours too.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
(female)

atousah HB User

Thanks for your responses ladies, I guess I just can't stop worrying and that definitely doesn't help the nightmares. Last night was particularly bad, I was really shaken and scared, was even scared to leave the bed & go to the toilet.

Well sweet dreams for everyone.

Old 06-01-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

I have been having lots of nightmares when I actually do fall asleep. I keep having a dream that my baby is born and its a hermaphrodite. I know extreme. My doctor says im crazy. Plus when I went for my U/S the baby would allow us to see its sex.the baby kept its hands in the way. So that didnt help. Im 22 wks.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Don't worry, you are not alone. I have been having very bizarre dreams lately. Even when I don't have the dreams, I often wake up completely covered in sweat. I keep an extra set of pajamas next to the bed to change.

As far as being scared goes, could you put a nightlight in your room? We put one in b/c I was getting up so much to pee that sometimes I wasn't all the way awake and my husband was afraid that I would walk into something.

You are ok and you are not hurting your baby.

Old 06-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

nightmares and weird dreams are soo normal! Doesn't make it any less scary though. Being all sweaty like that won't hurt the baby. My DH works third shift and some nights I have such bad dreams that I jsut don't go back to sleep till he gets home at 8am. Once I dreamt a shadow stole the baby, then I dreamed that the baby was born with over 3000 birth defects. Then I dreamed that I was in love with Cliff Claven from Cheers! That was REALLY scary!

Closed Thread