It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
(female)

babybugg05 HB User
sex of baby by heartrate?

Hi everyone I am 11 weeks 2 days with baby #2. We had an ultrasound at 10 weeks 4 days and the heartbeat was 178. I know with my DD her heartbeat was always fast, so I was wondering if anyone else knew what their baby was based on the heartbeat alone. Kinda silly question but just wondering. I have read that a boys heartbeat is usually slower than a girl.

Thanks for any input.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:33 AM   #2
(female)

southjerseymom HB User
Re: sex of baby by heartrate?

The doctors and nurses will tell you that determining the sex of the baby by heartbeat is not accurate. That may hold true, but when I was pregnant with my daughter, the nurse kept calling her "her" or "she"( I had a high risk pregnancy and would ofen have to have extra tests done). I asked her if the baby was indeed a girl, and she told me she was going by the heartbeat. She said it's sometimes not a sure thing but it can often be correct. I then told her about my heartburn and she said my baby would be born with hair(hair apparently causes heartburn). Well, I gave birth to a girl with hair. Coinicidence or not? Who know but it was fun speculating!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 06:43 AM   #3
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

I am 24 weeks today and having a boy, the babys heartbeat was usuallt between 140 & 160..

Old 06-01-2005, 07:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MellyMel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybugg05
Hi everyone I am 11 weeks 2 days with baby #2. We had an ultrasound at 10 weeks 4 days and the heartbeat was 178. I know with my DD her heartbeat was always fast, so I was wondering if anyone else knew what their baby was based on the heartbeat alone. Kinda silly question but just wondering. I have read that a boys heartbeat is usually slower than a girl.

Thanks for any input.
My son's was always between 140-160 also. Usually 160+ they say is girl. It seems that girl's most certainly do have faster heartbeats. I have no idea why though. lol. My neice always was around 170 or so when my sis was preggo. So who knows, but I think it's pretty accurate.

Melly

Old 06-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

wyliemom HB User

My first and second DD's heartbeats were in the 160's and now this one is a girl and its been 138-141. So its fun to try the guessing games but they arent always true. We were hoping for a boy this time, but shes healthy so we are happy. Oh and I have had heartburn with all three and none of them had anything but peach fuzz.lol

Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #6

cpa2b HB User

My son's heartbeat was always around 150-160. Well, this time around I'm having a girl, according to my u/s. When I went for my 32 week prenatal visit yesterday, her heartbeat was at 136. So I would say it doesn't hold true, at least in my case. Unless of course the u/s was wrong and I'm having a boy. We shall see.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
BabyMomma26

My kids heartbeats were always 140's and they are all boys. This one is 143 and I was hoping for a girl. My Dr told me that that is never right, but I heard the same thing about it being fast. I have my u/s Friday and I think I will find out what it is then I didnt want to but its eating me up!(and hubby wasnts a Jr)

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 06-01-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

in mt first pregnancy my baby was 156 bpm and it was a boy. my aunts told me different," old wives tales" about how you can tell if you are having a girl or a boy by different tricks,, and the heart rate. Other tales are that if you crave more salty or fatty you will have a boy. If you carry the baby higher you are suppose to have a boy as well.lol there are so many different tales out there..... but in my case lol they correct.. lol anyways take care and I hope all goes well

Old 06-02-2005, 06:09 PM   #9
(female)

babybugg05 HB User

Thanks so much for everyones input. I guess it is just fun to try and guess. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Closed Thread