It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User
Anyone else just find out you're expecting?

Hi there,

I just found out on Sunday that I'm pregnant with my third child. We have been ttc for four years, and finally it happened. We're so happy. I'm 35 now though, so I'm wondering how much different this pregnancy will be from my other two, my son is 12 and my daughter is turning 6. I suppose they will want to give me an amneocentisis to make sure the baby is healthy. I am so much more tired than I was with the other two. And sick constantly. Anyone have any good ideas to help battle the morning (and afternoon and night ) sickness?

I honestly don't know how Mom's do it when the kids are really close in age, it seems so overwhelming. I'm glad I had time to enjoy each of my kids individually before adding another one to the family.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone else wanted to join my Due in Jan (or Feb) Club. My son will be turning 13 when this one comes, talk about an age gap! My daughter is thrilled to be a big sister, she is practicing with her baby dolls. So I guess I'm a seasoned veteran in a way with all of this, but still it seems just as exciting and new as the first time, amazing isn't it?

~~heather~~

Old 06-01-2005, 12:28 PM   #2
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Re: Anyone else just find out you're expecting?

Polarized,

Congratulations! I too just found out that we are expecting. My due date is February 10th. We were shocked! Happy and healthy nine months to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 01:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Welcome Heather, and Congrats. I am 35 also, this is my 2nd. Although mine will be much closer in age since my son is 11 months and a week now (should be 19 mo when baby comes, Jan 12th is my expected due date). I know this pregnancy has been alittle more difficult just because I have been so tired, and can't just go nap when I want. With my son's pregnancy, I would be in bed some nights at 7, but now that just won't work. I didn't intend to have them so close, but we tried to conceive for 4 years to get my son and with my age we knew we wouldn't be able to wait to long, plus not knowing if it would take awhile to conceive again.

As far as morning, afternoon and evening sickness, I had that the first time. I kept waiting for it to go away at 2nd trimester and it actually got worse so I went on some medicine. I ate alot of small things. Alot of cheese, saltines, Coke Cola, pasta, chicken flavored rice, anything I thought I could stomach and I never went more than 2 hrs without eating a little something, cause if I did get hungry I would feel even worse. Good luck to you.

I am nervous about the amnio this time too!! I didn't have it with my son!!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi,

Thanks for writing back to me, both of you.

Annie, are you a young Mom? Is this your first baby?

Kalebs Mom, did your doctor tell you about the risk of miscarriage involved with the amnio? I think it's only 1 percent, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to take that chance. I'm sure I would keep the baby no matter what anyhow, especially after waiting for so long. I'm not sure I would be able to conceive again, and I have known people who were told that their baby would be born with birth defects, and they had the baby anyway, and it was fine. I will have to think really hard about taking that kind of chance. Thanks for the tips on the morning sickness, I have tried all of the usual things like you suggested. It isn't too bad, just strange, because I actually get sick when I eat, instead of the other way around. I'm taking a lot of Tums, that seems to help a little bit, and 7-up of course.

Congratulations to both of you also. Have you started thinking about names yet? I'm completely obsessed with names, I don't know why, I have so much time still.

I'm having my 6 week ultrasound next week.(which is wierd because I didn't conceive until around May 6th ~ I never have understood how they figure that out) I didn't have an ultrasound before until around 12 weeks, I guess they keep a closer eye on things when you're older.

Anyway ladies, take care!

~~heather~~

Old 06-01-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

YAY for you! i am so happy that you are pregnant. I didn't jsut find out, but I wanted to congratulate you, adn everyone else who just found out!
Good luck with all your babies

Old 06-02-2005, 06:40 AM   #6
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

Hi Heather!

Yes, I guess I would be considered a "young mom". (That sounds nice to me being that I just had my 25th birthday and it was a little shocking , even though I know it's not.) This is our first baby and I can't tell you how excited we are. Since I was a little girl, all I ever wanted to do was be a mom.

Names we like right now are William Michael for a boy and Regan Mae or McKenna Faith for a girl. I love the whole name thing, too. I'm always looking!

Hope you are doing well! I feel sick and nauseous and I'm only just going into my fifth week. It's weird though, I'm just so thrilled to be pregnant that it almost makes me happy to feel terrible because I know I'm just feeling "pregnant"!

Take care! Enjoy your ultrasound! I can't wait for that...

Old 06-02-2005, 07:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Hey Heather!

Well things are a bit different with me this pregnancy, cause I was seeing an RE last time and had to go to him for ultrasound at 6wks. The first time I went he didn't see a heartbeat, and said I am probably not as far along as we thought, that I may have ovulated late due to the Clomid, so I had to come back a week later. Well let me tell you that was the LONGEST week of my life. But when I went back the heartbeat was there, so all was well and he released me to my OB. And we went from there.

This time I have gone straight to OB, my 1st appt is today (I am 8wks), I plan to talk to her about the amnio cause the risk of misscarriage scares me, plus the whole needle in the belly, ewwwwwwwwwwww! So I have lots of Questions for her? I am wondering if I will have another sch C section or if we will have to wait till further in the pregnancy to see. I am also wondering if I will be watched more closely since I had a low lying placenta (which is why they sch C sec last time), or if I am not apt to have the problem again, and what difference I can expect in my care due to my age. I am looking forward to my first ultrasound and hope I get several like last time, it is so reassuring especially before you can feel the baby.

I declined the AFP test (done at 16-18 wks) last time cause it has a high risk of false positives, and I knew I wasn't gonna abort my baby, so I chose not to cause excess worry with that test, I was already sch for multiple ultrasounds so I figured if something looked wrong they would do tests from there. I don't know if Amnio is an option or not? I think I would like to know the sex again, but have contemplated being surprised, cause it doesn't matter as long as the baby is healthy! Congrats to you! I hope you enjoy your pregnancy as much as I did my first one, and hopefully I will enjoy this one just as much also. Take care and keep me updated on your progress.

Oh and the reason they say you are 2 wks ahead of what you actually are is cause they go by the date of your last period. I know it confused the heck out of me last time.

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-02-2005 at 07:20 AM.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:20 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi Annie,

I know what you mean about 'feeling' pregnant. I never thought I would be so happy to feel nauseaus! I'm also feeling really lightheaded, I guess my blood pressure is down, but sometimes I get so dizzy I have to sit down. It almost makes me nervous to drive....

I think the ultrasound is just to make sure the baby is where it's supposed to be (not in the tubes) and make sure that it is the right size and shape, and all of that. I think we are going to have an ultrasound later on to find out the sex, have you decided if you're going to find out or keep it a surprise?

I remember feeling like I was getting old when I turned 25 also, just wait, the next ten years will go by so fast, you won't believe it, and then before you know it you'll have a teenager!

I like the names you picked out. I keep looking up the names I like to see what they mean. Sometimes a name I really like means something strange, and then I don't like it so much, which is silly becuase it really doesn't matter anyhow. Now I think I have my girl name picked out ~ kylie, but I'm not sure about the spelling yet, I also like it spelled kailey. I don't want a name that's too common and trendy, or unique and strange. After helping my kids learn to write their names, I want it to be pretty simple to spell and pronounce. And I still have to find a middle name, I'm going to research my husband's family tree, and see if I can find a name I like. I used my mother and grandmother's middle name for my daughter.

Anyway, take care, talk to you later!

~~heather~~

Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

I just found out 2 days ago I am expecting and I am so happy!!!!! I told myy mate last night and at first he was weary but he has really warmed up to the idea and is excited. Im due jan 29nth 2006 T ake care my fellows preggers, and good luck

Old 06-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi Kalebs Mom, and Fullfire,

KM ~Sorry I didn't respond to your last post before, I think we were posting at the same time, and I didn't see it until now. It should be interesting to see how the next few weeks unfold, I wonder if they treat our pregancys differently when they know we have struggled with infertility in order to conceive. They must be aware that we aren't willing to take the same kinds of chances as other women who conceive easily. It doesn't seem like 35 is that old, I know of a lot of women who are a lot older than that and having kids. It seems as though we are barely past the line of being considered "high risk", I'm just not sure how many of those tests are really necessary.

Fullfire ~ thanks for joining in, and congratulations to you! I figure my due date is around Jan 31st, 2006, so we're going to be delivering within days of each other more than likely. A couple of Aquarians, I suppose, not that I pay any attention to any of that really. Anyhow, is this your first, are you feeling ok? My DH acted kind of weary when I first told him also, not that he wasn't happy, I think it was shock, because we had both sort of accepted that it might not happen after so long trying, and we were both stunned. But he's warming up to the idea very quickly also, we're thrilled.

Isn't it stange to know that the baby looks like kind of a tadpole right now, with a tail and everything? Its so incredible how it grows and changes so quickly these first few weeks. I find it hard to concentrate on much else.

In my case I have stuggled with endometreosis for years, and been in so much pain, and I am feeling a hundred times better now, not only am I being blessed with this child, but the pregnancy brings relief and possibly an end to my suffering in the future also, if it doesn't return after the baby is born, I can only hope.

Alright ladies, time for a nap!!

~~heather~~

Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #11
(male)

itsjustlittleme HB User

Hi there,
I found out two weeks ago, Still on "cloud nine!"
I'm too are feeling reasured about feeling sick & tired as it reminds me that I'm pregnant and the homones are strong,
I'm due Jan 25th 2006.
Good luck & Congrtulations everyone!
Nes.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

That is so funny we are all due around the same time. Im 5 weeks and 3 days. My bf was pretty shocked, at first he seemed kind of unhappy, then he warmed right up. he is not quite as excited as I am, but I know it will change. he was worried about money and if he was going to be a good father, but I assured him everything would be fine and that he would be a great father, and he seemed better. Im 21 and really looking forward to being a mom. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, and I figured I would be a young mom. Im hoping for a little girl. I always said if I had one I would neverdress herup and everything like my mom did to me, but sure enough I am pregnant and I want a little girl to dress up..lol I also have some other good news Im getting married, lol I sure am a busy girl. Well take care everyone!

Last edited by Fullfire; 06-02-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Congrats Fullfire! You will be busy!! Enjoy your pregnancy, and its usually not really real to men until they see the baby moving in the ultrasound or at birth when they hold them!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Fullfire HB User

oh thank you so much, and you take of yourself too kaleb's mom! I can't wait for my first ultrasound so that both my bf an i can see the baby.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

polarized13 HB User

Hi all,

I just saw Kaleb's Mom's thread for January 06 moms, so I guess this thread is a little bit redundant. I didn't see it before, sorry guys. Anyhow thanks to everyone who responded to my thread, and I will see you on the other threads.....

~~heather~~

Closed Thread