It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

amy67 HB User
Does this mean I'm close?

I just got back from the doctor, and he said that my cervix is 80% effaced, and a finger tip dialated, but my cervix is still high. I am almost 36 weeks. He said next week they will strip my membranes. With my last child I never dialated or anything until I went into labor. I know people can be 1-2 centimeters dialated for a week or more, but if I'm already 80% effaced, does that mean labor could be fast approaching? And I'm also confused as to how my cervix is so thinned, if it's still so high. Any advice, or answers would be great.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User
Re: Does this mean I'm close?

I know you'll get this alot...everyone is different....BUT, I went for my 39wk check and was 3cm dilated, 90% effaced. I went into labor that night/morning at 2am. I went home after my appointment and cleaned my house like mad, took a walk as usual...not sure if the activity sped things up, but it went pretty quick!! Good luck!

Jenn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #3
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Sorry to ruin your hopes but with my daughter I had an exam two weeks before she was due, I was 90% effaced and 3cm dialated. He said probably anytime. Well she end up coming two weeks late. So that was almost a month after my appointment. Now you have to remember this was ten years ago, im pretty sure they would have never let me go two weeks over. But they did!!!! And yes IM still bitter about it. LOL
Meg

Old 08-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Two weeks before being induced I was 2cm 80% and -3 station. The day before I was induced I was still 80% and 2.5-3cm dialated. I was induced because lil miss kept turning and we didn't want a C-section and she was finally head down and they thought she was going to be big (which she was 7 15) and I had torn so badly with DS they didn't want her getting any bigger. Who knows how long I would have gone with her at -3 station. With DS I wasn't dialated or effaced when I went into labor. I was a fingertip at most.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 08-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

With my first I wasn't dialated but I was 50% effaced when my water broke at 36 weeks. So we figured I was going to be early again. This pregnancy at 35 weeks I was 75% effaced, 1.5cm dialated and at -3 station. Then at 36 weeks I was 2cm dialated and 80% effaced and at -2 station. At 37 weeks I was still 2cm dialated and -1 station...forgot to ask about the effacing...and she stripped my membranes and said if I am ready I should go into labor within 48 hours...that was last Thursday afternoon and it's Sunday night now and I'm still trying to wait patiently. Goodluck.

Closed Thread