It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Nervous about being induced

I'm 34 weeks, and found out today at my dr's appt that I can be induced in 3 weeks. My dr thinks it's a good idea since I have preeclampsia. She said she doesn't mess around with high blood pressure. But, my b.p. has been really good at the last 3 appts I have had, but I know that it can rise again at anytime, and she said that it's best to induce when my b.p. is good. I understand all of that, and agree that in 3 weeks we are going to have it done. But now, I am freaking out. I know 37 weeks is full term, but it still freaks me out a little. And for some reason, now that I know when it is going to happen, I am scared out of my mind. This is my second baby, so I do know what to expect, sort of. I wasn't induced with my first, so this is a little different for me. I did have a little pitocin when I had my daughter to help me progress, but I guess if there's anyone out there who can help calm my fears, that would be great! I feel kind of nervous now!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
BabyMomma26

Re: Nervous about being induced

You'll be fine!! I did it with my 1st, for the same reason, They used the poticon with me, and they tried cervidal, but my body did not like it! All I know is that 2 min after they inserted it, I had all types of nurses and Dr running in my room. With my 3rd, I went on at 7 am to be educed but my body did it on its own, so maybe yours will too Its really nothing to worry about! Keep me poted and good luck on your new addition!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 09:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Thanks for the reply! I am still nervous, but you helped calm me a little! It's gonna be a long 3 weeks of worrying I think

Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
BabyMomma26

Dont be nervous, but I know how you feel! The stress is NOT good for you! Everyone gets nervous a few weeks before the baby comes! With my 3rd I didnt even want to go ot the hospital. I wanted to throw up I was so scared. But as time went by and the contractions came faster, I just wanted it over! Do you know that a baby goes thru more pain and stress during pregnancy then the mother?
Again, relax...you'll be fine!

Closed Thread