It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

worriedinNC HB User
need some advice

hey first id like to say sorry if im posting this on the wrong part of the site..
heres my problem. about 3 months ago i stopped getting my period. Since then I have taken 2 at home pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. I have been to a couple diff. doctors and they said i was not pregnant and the reason that i might be missing my period could be because of the altitude change.(i recently moved from minnesota to north carolina). At first my breasts hurt and i felt nauseous all the time. Now i dont feel anything but ive noticed im gaining weight and my boyfriend says hes noticed my breasts getting bigger. I also have air coming out of my vagina and more than normal discharge...though it does not smell or anything. I also feel a little hardness in my belly. But i also get period cramps at first just slight ones every couple of days now its worse and almost everyday. I dont know what else to think but they keep saying im not pregnant and as of right now i dont have a job or insurance so i dont want to keep going back just to get told nothings wrong you know?
thank you in advance for ANY advice that is given and again im sorry if this is in the wrong part of the site

Old 06-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: need some advice

this is probably a stupid question but just making sure... but did they do take a blood or urine sample when checking if you were pregnant?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

JLMandPaul HB User

Hmm that sounds a little strange to me, Im assuming the doctors have taken blood and urine tests to check for pregnancy? Did they give you a full gyn exam? Ive never heard of changes in altitude screwing up a period, but Im not a doctor. Your symptoms do sound like pregnancy symptoms, but it could be stress or whatnot. Anyway, if you didnt have one, I think you need a thorough gyn exam to check you over and find out whats up, there are lots of places you could probably go, free womens clinics and such, call local hospitals, they might be able to help you out. Hope you get some answers soon. Sorry I couldnt help much.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #4
(female)

worriedinNC HB User

wow thanks for the fast responces. I have had 3 blood and 2 urine tests and ive had an ultrasound once but that was only like 4 weeks after the first missed period. I didnt hear about the altitude thing either till the doc. told me about it. I told her about all the other symptoms too and the at home pregnancy tests both coming out positive. She told me its nothing to worry about. Ive been to 4 diff. doctors but for some reason i think theres something else wrong. Ive always had normal periods so its weird to me that ive missed it completely for 3 months. I'll keep you guys posted with what happens. Maybe it will help someone else too
Again thank you sooo much for the fast responces

Old 06-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Well you did say you recently moved...that could be a big factor. You may actually be stressed out a bit and tired whether you realize it or not. In any even, good luck! Hope everything is okay.

Old 06-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetea13 HB User
I know it is hard with no insurance but I would go back and ask for another ultrasound, that way they could maybe see now if you are pregnant and if not, maybe they could use the ultrasound to see if something else in there where causing a problem. That is all I can think of, Good luck and try not to worry!

Old 06-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #7
(female)

worriedinNC HB User

hey guys...thank you again for that advice. Over the past 4 days i've went to 5 diff. doctors...the first 4 said i was not pregnant and nothing was wrong more than likey just stress or something causing it. The last doc. i went to finally told me what was going on. I am pregnant about 2 1/2 months along but the baby has not developed any yet. He cant figure out why i have not passed it yet because he said normally if the baby doesnt develope it passes within the first couple weeks. but thats the reason i was feeling pregnant for a week and now nothing. i just thought i would update you guys on whats happening. I am goin back on wed. for more tests and what not so ill post more when i get home
thank you sooooo much for the advice
take care you guys

Old 06-07-2005, 09:43 AM   #8
BabyMomma26

Worried--I hope everything is ok, and that the baby possiably is just small or something for 2 1/2 months! I hope that the next post has some good news sicne you have been through so much already! Keep us posted

Closed Thread