It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
My Dctor said this was normal

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the way I have been. I'm almost 35 weeks, and for about a week now, I have felt funny. I sometimes get lightheaded, a little short of breath, my arms and legs will throughout the day feel tired and a little weak, and at times, my heart feels strange. I asked my dr about it, and I told her it felt like when I first was anemic. She told me that she highly doubts it's still anemia since I am on two iron pills daily, in addition to my prenatal vitamin. She told me that at this late stage in pregnancy, your body starts working so hard to keep up with pumping the blood to the baby that you can start feeling really strange, and it really starts taking a toll on your body. And I suppose that makes sense, but when it happens, it freaks me out. Anyone else know what I mean?

Old 06-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Re: My Dctor said this was normal

Hi Andilyn,

I am at the exact same point as you, 35 weeks tomorrow. I think I know what you mean, I feel weak everywhere, even my feet. I have a hard time catching my breath but mostly when I am lying or sitting in a bad position.

I think this might be the way it is for the rest of the time. Try to take care.

-Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User

I had the same thing with my first pregnancy, especially after eating breakfast. My Dr. said the same thing as yours. The heart has so much to pump to, the placenta, your whole body etc. You'll be fine. If you experience any fainting or anything out of the ordinary, go see your Dr. As for feeling weak & short of breath, well, you've packed on some punds your body isn't used to in the last few months. Take it easy. Most women get really tired towards the end. It's just your body's way of resting up for the big day.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
(female)

ambrya_nell HB User

i know EXACTLY what you mean.. i'm 36 weeks and i feel like that often... and am also on 2 iron pills a day cause i was so anemic..... i actually went to an internist and couldn't find anythign wrong... finally just assumed it was pregnancy.... the light headedness/dizziness happens bad at the same time everyday.. it's weird.... so you're not alone..lol.... it's almost over though

Old 06-04-2005, 02:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Hi Andilyn

I'm now 33 weeks and you have just described exactly how I feel sometimes (fuzzy headed, tight in the chest and it feels like my heart is kind of thumping really hard but not in any proper rhythm). I'm so glad you posted this because I was going to ask my midwife about it next time I saw her. I had my iron levels checked recently and they were just fine so I don't think it's anemia. Like the others have said I think (hope!) it's just a sign of our bodies having to work really hard. I know that I felt worse when I was really rushing about and stressed at work and now things have calmed down a bit I don't feel that way so often.

Hope you feel better soon.

Spanish

Closed Thread