It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 948
2fst HB User
C-section scheduling by due date??

My dr gave me a due date anywhere between June 7 and June 12. Due to me having heart problems among others things, my DH and I decided that it may be best to have this baby via c-section. We have all along been talking these things over with the Dr but he does not seem very concerned about my reasons for wanting a c-section. He has tried to encourage me to go natural but said if I want the c-section he would schedule one. Well at our last visit he said that he would set a date for the week of June 5 and that he wanted to see us on Monday to sign consent forms for the c-section. The Dr's office called me before to comfirm my Monday appointment and I asked them what was going on with the c-section seeing as June 7 is Tuesday and that is the earliest due date the Dr gave me. The nurse there told me that I had been scheduled for a c-section Friday, June 10. Now I am just a little concerned here. Shouldn't a c-section be scheduled before you could actually go into labor? Me and the Dh think he is putting us off so the baby comes natuarally and then he is going to make me keep going that way when I get to the hospital or call him. My mom thinks that he doesn't want to take the baby because it is still alittle small. At 37 wks he was around 5lbs 9or10 ozs. But that was the ultrasound measurements which can be off by 2lbs. So then the baby could be 7 lbs by now which is not too small to take. I am getting real depressed and angry over all this. I am sick of being pg and I was really thinking that since it would be a c-section I would be going before June 7. I have tried helping him come sooner by walking more and sex but no luck. LOL!!!!!!!! I am just so disappointed with the dr. I do plan on asking him on Monday when I go why he keeps putting this off. But I would really think you go before your due date. I also do NOT want to be in a position where I am not doing good with all my heart problems and in the middle of a natural birth. What if I reach a point where I have no choice but to push and I can't or I faint? What are they going to do? This is getting long but I have to get this off my chest before I go crazy. I am so bored here at home too. I have nothing left to do anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 06-03-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 737
andilyn HB User
Re: C-section scheduling by due date??

I know I have heard that c-sections are usually scheduled a week before your due date. And since you said he wasn't really interested in why you want a c-section, then I would agree that maybe he is intentionally doing it later in hopes you may just go into labor on your own. I don't know exactly what kind of heart problems you are dealing with, but it sounds to me that you have made the best decision by requesting a c-section. You know your body, and only you know what you can and can't handle. I would ask him why he is encouraging natural labor so much. Obviously, natural labor is the best option for most, but if you have this heart problem, then why would he not agree more for a c-section? And I'm sure you didn't just make this decision willy nilly without even giving it a thought, since you obviously know that c-sections are major surgery. No one would want to put themselves through that without a good reason, which I think you have a good reason. I would again very openly and honestly talk to him Monday at your appt and tell him your concerns and ask hime all your "what if" questions, like you had mentioned "what if I pass out" and see what he says. Good luck, and hang in there!!! Let us know what he says.

Old 06-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 948
2fst HB User
Re: C-section scheduling by due date??

I do plan on giving him a thorough go over on Monday. He realizes that I have a heart condition and knows everything I have told him about it but it does not seem to faze him. But he has said all along that he would let me decide this. He did ask the last time if he could change our mind on it and we told him no. Also my heart Dr told me getting pg was not a good idea since you never know how pregnancy will affect a womens body. Which so far I have been okay minus 2 small episodes. I did explain to him that the heart dr told me this and he does know when I have problems. But what I don't get, is why something important as your heart doesn't scare him?? Drives me nuts!!!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!