It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Normal Movements???

I just was 22 weeks yesterday. Now i feel the baby and see my stomach move too. How oftern throughout the day should i be feeling her? Also, is it normal that i always feel her on the right side? When i went to the Dr. She told me that the head was on the left side of my BB and that the babies feet were on the right, but doesn't she ever face the opposite way?

Old 06-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
(female)

Karen62705 HB User
Re: Normal Movements???

I have heard that 10 movements an hour is normal. And any type of kick, twitch, etc.. is considered movement...

I am 36 weeks, and have never felt a single kick on my left side. Every single movement has been on my right. Before he went heads down, he would actually get upset if I laid on my left side. He would kick, turn and squirm untill I either laid on my right side or back. Now that he's heads down he doesn't seem to mind if I lay on my left side, however I still have movement on the right side only.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #3
(female)

jadontusmommy HB User

At 22 weeks you may not feel her while you are active during the day. Your movements create a rocking effect that may sway your baby to sleep. When you relax you may feel her more. I was the same way at 22 weeks. I barely felt anything until I sat down to relax. As for her head being on the left & you only feeling movement on the right, well, her feet will be doing more noticeable movement than her head. I only felt my son's head move a few times and this was only when he was head down. It was definately different than arms or legs. It was like a pushing sensation. Your baby may just like the position that she is in. It's getting harder for her to flip around like she did in the earlier months. As long as you are getting at least 10 movements an hour, everything is fine.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
(female)

ambrya_nell HB User

i always felt Kyle more on the right side.... up until he dropped.. which is right now.. at 36 weeks... and now it's in the middle.. cause his head's down and feet up... lol....feeling it on the right is normal.. i don't think they turn

Old 06-04-2005, 07:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

22 weeks is a little early to feel consistent movement, for one thing the baby is still really small, and like teh above poster said, when you are busy you dont' always notice. I am at 38 weeks (well I will be in 1 hour and 8 minutes!) and if I am really busy I don't always notice. I think it is 28 weeks when you are supposed to start counting kicks. Anyway, every baby is diff though. And feeling it only on one side is normal. I only felt kicks on my right side for a long time, and I would feel little taps on my left side, the baby was laying with his feet on the right and hands on the left. Now he is all the way on the left, head down, so I feel the strongest in my upper right side, right in the ribs!
There patterns change too, so don't be alarmed if the baby goes from moving all the time at say noon and then one day you don't feel a lot of movement until 4 or something.

Closed Thread