It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 09:22 AM   #1
(female)

Teresa10x05 HB User
Co-ed baby shower?

So my baby shower is bein planned by my sister, and a friend, and me for part of it, I want a baby shower where both male and females are going to be invited,I want my babys father to be part of this too, it IS his little guy too you know, So we are having like a huge BBQ,kinda like a big party outside, with the baby decor and gifts, some people have told me this is stupid, I think its a great idea, whats eveyone else think?

I wanted to say congrats to Kim(babymama26) on her 4th little boy!

~Teresa~
It's a boy!
Due Oct. 3rd 05
Christopher Min Siu Jr.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
(female)

ariley0279 HB User
Re: Co-ed baby shower?

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
(female)

emilyallison HB User

Im doing the same thing. Like you, some people have said its stupid (mostly men!), but I want my hubby and Dad to be a part of it. What Im doing is also a BBQ, but having the first hour or so, women inside doing all the baby shower stuff and my dad is hosting the outside with beer, bbq and horeshoes for the guys. Then when the guys are done bbq and the foods ready all the women will join them and make it a big old party! I think it will be fun, we'll see.

Old 06-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

HopingChris HB User

We are also having a couples babyshower next Sat. We are doing a luncheon. It's going to be huge. This is my 4th baby but only my 2nd baby shower. My husband wasn't there for the 1st cause it was an all girl shower but this being our very last baby I want my husband & everyone else there for it. A BBQ sounds like a GREAT idea! Hope you get everything you want & everyone has lots of fun. I am also decorating a bit in my shower cause I love doing it.

Chris(30wks5days)

Old 06-04-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

It's exactly what we are doing.
Gayle

Old 06-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I think it is a wonderful idea, I just went to a shower a few months ago that was co-ed, never been to one before, but why not get the guys involved. I hope, that is if I get a shower this time around, that it is co-ed. My mom told me when I had my first that you only get one for your first. I don't believe this lol. hope I get one.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #7
(female)

jaybird75 HB User

Teresa - I just had my baby shower yesterday and we had 50 people show up - couples, kids, single guys and single girls. It was from 12-5, and we had a big bbq - some people brought pasta salads or side dishes, we served soda, water and sangria (plain white & red wine too), and had ice cream cakes and cupcakes for dessert. It was awesome - really laid back, we didn't do any games or anything like that, just hung out and chilled with our friends and neighbors and enjoyed the day. We did have favors for people- little painted terra cotta pots with a package of herb seed - parsely, sage, rosemary, thyme, or basil. It's nice to include the guys - boyfriends, sibilings, husbands and after my shower, everybody said they had a great time! So I think your idea is terrific, don't let anyone tell you differently.

Old 06-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

That's really cool! I was upset when I showed up at my shower and my guy wasn't invited...I know it's traditional to have it be all women...but I think that since it took 2 to make the baby, 2 should be able to celebrate!!!
Hope you have lots of fun!!!

Jenn

Old 06-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #9
(female)

ambrya_nell HB User

i just had one this past weekend.. it turned out great.. we had a bbq out on my parents deck and just had a bunch of people over to hang out.. no pressure for the guys to do silly games or anything.... just sat around and talked (everyone drank but me..lol) One cute thing my mom did was she bought a cute little blank book and had everyone write down parenting advice or advice for the baby as they arrived... it's a nice keepsake...
People have a hard time warming up to "non-traditional" ways... don't worry about... it'll be a good time...
Hope all goes well

Old 06-06-2005, 06:11 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

I think that women only showers are silly. Men had a part in this too! And if ANY of the men are like my DH then they are just as excited. He loves getting baby gifts and looking at baby things. Why should I leave him out?

Old 06-07-2005, 09:42 AM   #11
(female)

Di12779 HB User

I had a co-ed shower on Sunday and everyone had a great time. Ours sounded a lot like what you are planning. At first I got some comments from the older men in the family, like my uncle and step father, however the younger men, like my cousins and brothers loved the idea. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the whole experience on sunday so don't worry about a thing!

Closed Thread