It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User
Question Inducing

So overnight I developed pink eye....well I called my Dr and he wasn't calling me back so I called Labor and Delivery and gave the nurse my name and she was like "Your name is familiar, are you suppose to be coming up sometime soon" and I was like well my Dr talked about inducing on Tuesday and she was like that must be it. Well, would my doctor have already sent off my paperwork about it? I mean nothing has been set in stone yet because lil miss is so high up I have to go in on Monday to see if she is down any and THEN is when we were suppose to decide.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 06-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User
Re: Inducing

I wouldn't think your doctor would schedule an induction without discussing it with you first. Did you perhaps misunderstand, or is the plan to induce on Tuesday UNLESS there are reasons not to when you go in on Monday? If that's the case, he may have scheduled it with L&D to make sure there's a place for you and the paperwork is ready. It can always be canceled or rescheduled.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

InDueTime05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcummins3
I wouldn't think your doctor would schedule an induction without discussing it with you first. Did you perhaps misunderstand, or is the plan to induce on Tuesday UNLESS there are reasons not to when you go in on Monday? If that's the case, he may have scheduled it with L&D to make sure there's a place for you and the paperwork is ready. It can always be canceled or rescheduled.
Wednesday at my appt we found out that lil miss has tuned head down again which we were surprised. We being the Dr and I. Well, when he checked me he said I was still 2cm and 50% but that she was really high and he didn't want to induce until she was lower. So, he said to come in on Monday so I can be checked again and if on Monday she is lower THEN we would induce on Tuesday. On my sign out sheet it said "Appt. for Monday, Induce Tuesday" I asked the appt person if I needed to do anything about the induction and she said no they would do it all and have the time on Monday. But she didn't know that the Dr said ONLY if the baby is moved down more. I guess he doesn't want to induce if she is so high because of risk of the cord.
Brandon James 5/11/99 @ 4:48pm
Jade Elizabeth 6/7/05 @ 7:41pm

Old 06-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

They probably just alerted the OB staff in the hospital, they do that alot, just so they can plan to make sure they have enough staff and stuff. At least they do that at Dh's hospital.
Did you get any meds for your pink eye?

Closed Thread