It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User
Do you feel like you know your baby already?

Do ya'll feel like you already "know" your baby? I feel like, even though I haven't met him, that I already know who he is, I can see him in there, almost I know what he looks like, and what he will sound like. I know some people say that dont' think of their babies as "real" until they hold them, or theydont' feel connected to them. But to me, it's like he will already be 10 m onths old when he comes out. LIke I know how he will act, just from the way he reacts to thing I do, and his patterns. Does that sound crazy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User
Re: Do you feel like you know your baby already?

LOL. I know what you mean. I feel like I know my baby also. I do not know what Im having so I call the baby just baby. But like If i laugh or talk to loud the baby kicks me hard. Earlier I was feeling crazy kicks so I pulled my shirt up to see the kicks and like if the baby knew what i was doing it stopped as soon as i put shirt down the baby would start up again. Its like the baby is already playing games. But i do talk to the baby alot. About everything..like tv or food. Owell just feel like even though the baby isnt here yet. It is still with me all the time. I cant wait..to hold my baby though.
monica

due 10/1/2005
1st baby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

exaclty! I tried to explain this to DH and he looked at me like I was nuts, lol.

Old 06-05-2005, 06:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm one of those people who won't believe there's a baby in there until I see it. I'm at 26 Weeks, belly is pretty big, and my body is not mine anymore. I know it's a girl, we have a name picked out, I feel it kick, I've seen the sonograms. The baby is developing sleep and waking patterns. This is our first baby.

For some reason, I just think there's a chance something else is going on with me, and this pregnancy thing is just not natural or normal. I have regular dreams that I'm not pregnant, back into my size 6 jeans and A Cup bras. My life is wonderful in the dreams. I can do whatever I want, I'm free of pain & sickness. LOVE those dreams!!!!!!

I am excited for the baby to get here and be a mom...just hate everything that leads up to it.

I really dislike pregnancy...it's not been easy for me, and the second trimester is suckier than the first, so I'm just focusing on getting through it day by day. I think that has a lot to do with how I feel.

My doctor STILL asks me jokingly if I'm convinced I'm pregnant yet. It was at the 17 week amnio when I saw the sonogram where it hit me this is all real. I was in serious denial despite all the m/s and body changes.

My husband is the one who seems to be bonding early.

There's another perspective for you.
Gayle

Old 06-05-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

I'm not sure that I feel like I "know" our baby yet. I'm aware of the sleep/wake patterns and I can feel her kicking everywhere . This pregnancy has been so hard that I'm just counting down the days until it's finally over. DH and I can't wait to be parents and actually hold her and watch her personality develope as she gets older. We do have a feeling though that she's going to be very cheeky (just like her dad).

Old 06-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I don't feel it as much as I did with my first but even all that changed when I had him and reality hit. And now I am so busy with my toddler and getting everthing ready I don't get the time to day dream.

Old 06-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #7
BabyMomma26

I know what your saying! And hubby doesn't think I'm crazy cause my son looks like his clone, he thinks that this one will look just like him too! So its good that you are "in touch" with your baby!

Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monim361
Earlier I was feeling crazy kicks so I pulled my shirt up to see the kicks and like if the baby knew what i was doing it stopped as soon as i put shirt down the baby would start up again. Its like the baby is already playing games.

LOL mine does the exact same thing just about every time I try to "catch" him! I keep thinking, "How do you know I'm looking?" I feel like I know him already. I think he's going to be exactly like his dad, although he likes to sleep in in the morning like me. It usually takes him about a half an hour in the morning after I get up for him to move around. I talk to my tummy alot, and everytime we doing anything it's "us" or "we" not me. I'm so excited, I don't know if I can wait 3 months!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
(female)

ambrya_nell HB User

i'm really struggling with this... i feel like i do sometimes.. but it's been hard to connect to the whole situation for me i think because i had been told i couldn't have children... so i had it stuck in my head....and when i found out i was pregnant it just didn't sink in.... it's silly.. i'm 36 weeks and it still feels odd.... lol... i know it'll all be ok the first time i hold him... but i still sometimes feel like its not really happening to me.....

Old 06-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambrya_nell
i'm really struggling with this... i feel like i do sometimes.. but it's been hard to connect to the whole situation for me i think because i had been told i couldn't have children... so i had it stuck in my head....and when i found out i was pregnant it just didn't sink in.... it's silly.. i'm 36 weeks and it still feels odd.... lol... i know it'll all be ok the first time i hold him... but i still sometimes feel like its not really happening to me.....
Hey like you I had been told I couldn't have kids. I was on birth control and taking estrogen because I stopped producing it. I am only 21! And only one of my ovaries works. I was feeling pretty lousy. Finally one visit after thinking it was all the hormones he was giving me was making me sick my doc discovered I was pregnant. Strange stuff. It took me until the first time I heard the heartbeat to finally realize I was actually pregnant.

Closed Thread