It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

malizoom HB User
Not big in the right place.

It's kinda weird...i've put on weight and I feel pretty huge, but not in the right place. I feel like I just look fat. People keep telling me that I don't look 25 weeks pregnant. I really haven't gotten that big in the tummy yet, and I'm starting to get anxious that my baby isn't big enough.
Comfort me!

Old 06-05-2005, 02:34 PM   #2
(female)

pootie231 HB User
Re: Not big in the right place.

I wouldn't worry as every woman gains weight differently during pregnancy-even sometimes with subsequent pregnancies. I am one of the ones gains all on the front. From behind, I don't even look pregnant, until I turn. And with less than a week left, I have a 48" waist that was once a 31" waist. A co worker of mine gained all of hers in her hips and behind as well as her face. She had the same complaint as you saying she didn't really look pregnant-especially working beside me. She delivered 3 weeks early and her daughter was 7lbs, so I wouldn't worry too much. If it is really bothering you, I would bring it up to your Dr. next appt. Have you had your ultrasound yet? They measure the head circumfrence and various bones etc. to see how well baby is developing so they can rule that out for you as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Don't worry, like pootie said everyone carries differently. I am all out front but there are alot of days I don't feel like I am big enough either!

Old 06-07-2005, 10:00 AM   #4
(female)

Coryn0921 HB User

Well I was heavyset to begin with so luckily I have only gained about 15 pounds maybe even less so far (25 weeks tomorrow) but everyone say I don't even look pregnant, which does bother me sometimes because I look so fat! I am going on a strict diet after my baby is born. _

Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

Di12779 HB User

Oh I'll be joining the dieting binge after the baby! hopefully he'll keep me so busy I won't have time to eat junk! I started showing around my 6th month. until then I didn't look to pregnant. i have only gained 10 lbs and I am now 37 weeks pregnant. I am out front and low! My friend had 3 babies and with 1 she gained it all in her back side and the other two were outfront one high and round and the other low and spread out, so you never know! You'll come around. My mother thinks I look huge, but compared to my co-worker who is about 2-3 weeks behind me, I look small! Everyone is still in shock when they hear I am scheduled to go before her, because she looks ready now!

Closed Thread