It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
(female)

atousah HB User
Anyone else experience this kind of pain?

I have pains in the lower stomach on the left hand side just above the pelvic bone. Itís not a sharp pai, it feels more like a muscular pains because it gets worst when I move. I am almost 13weeks now. The only thing that I can think of is that I had a really bad constipation on Friday and I spent almost the whole day in the toilet, and I know I strained a lot. Now could that have caused this pain?
Anyone else experience this?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:47 AM   #2
(female)

Karen62705 HB User
Re: Anyone else experience this kind of pain?

it could be from the constipation. however it could also be from the streatching of the ligaments...which is very common throughout your pregnancy. I believe my ligament pain started around 12weeks, and was just a dull pain most of the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
BabyMomma26

I agree with Karen, it is from the ligaments. I get this at night when I am laying down for bed. Its like a real sharp pain almost on my side and it hurts so much to move. My Dr told me it was from the ligaments. I am now 19 weeks and I still get it

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 06-06-2005 at 06:24 AM.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:31 AM   #4
(female)

hreiter HB User

I would tend to say it is stretching also... I am 21 weeks and still feel some pain sometimes, I felt it more when I started showing at first...

Old 06-06-2005, 07:16 AM   #5
(female)

renaa HB User

I would like to know, when will i start to fill the straching and pain. I'am 3 1/2 months.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

you may not feel it, everyone is different, it could feel more like a cramping for you depending on how your body is and how you take pain.

I started with my stretch pains about 10 wks or so, I am on baby #2, so this is quite normal.

I would try and take some colace or something, don't strain at all, you will give yourself those nasty hemorroids and those are not fun either. I take colace everyday and so far so good. My doc said it is ok to take daily. but others may not be. good luck

Old 06-06-2005, 09:37 AM   #7
(female)

atousah HB User

Thanks for the replies ladies. When I am sitting still there is a slight pain there, but the pain increases when I start moving around and walking.
I hope that's all it is, I am a real worrier and worry about any pain, it even goes to the back at times, but it is not a sharp pain, feels more like it is bruised from the inside, as long as the baby is not hurt by it I can take the pain.

I don't think we have colace here in the UK, the gP gave me lactulose which is really a glucose solution for softening the stools, is that what colace is?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
(female)

ambrya_nell HB User

it's probably round ligament pain..it can get very uncomfortable..... and mine started early..... i wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you think it feels muscular.... andit's on the left side..cause remember your appendix is on the right....If you continue to worry about it call your Doc.. he tells me he gets questons all the time about the round ligament pain.. everyone worries about it when it first happens....

Old 06-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I am not sure if what you have is the equivalent to colace or not, you can ask and see if you have it there, if not you can prolly order it, unless what you are taking is helping.

Old 06-07-2005, 05:36 AM   #10
(female)

hokiegirl HB User

Hey girl. I've been having that pain (along with cramps) since I found out I was pregnant (I'm 7 weeks today.) My doc said that it's completely normal, some women have it, some don't. If it's on one side or the other, it's the ligaments stretching - she said, think of it like a hot air balloon. The lines have to stretch as the balloon gets bigger and bigger. That helped me put it in perspective. I have it, too, you're not alone

Closed Thread