It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Allergy medication during pregnancy

Although I will call my doctor in a bit I wanted to post here and get some input for everyone. Around June each year I get really bad allergies. I sneeze at least 500 times, my eyes swell, my throats closes my nose gets congested etc. Well, it has begun, I haven't slept in two days.
I'm 25 weeks pregnant and have made it this far without taking any kind of medication but at this point I know I need something cause I can't sleep, I can't go outside and it's affecting me big time.
Is there any type of allergy medication that is safe during pregnancy? I live in the USA so if someone could give me suggestions I would greately appreciate it.
Thanks to all who respond.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Allergy medication during pregnancy

I take prescription Allegra, and my doctor said it's fine to take during pregnancy. Since I have the Rx, it's all I use, so I can't comment about any OTC meds or any other Rx.
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I was given a sheet from the Dr., I don't have it with me but I know Sudafed was on it!! I actually have really bad allergies that will go into a sinus infection 2 to 3 times a year, until I started using Flonase (prior to pregnancy) but I used it my entire pregnancy w/ my Dear Son (who will be 1 this month) And did fine, I still got 1 sinus infection, but it was later on in pregnancy. Good luck, allergy season can be ruff.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Old 06-06-2005, 08:17 AM   #4

grilledsmurf HB User

I have severe allergies to preservatives, which are in just about every single pre packaged food item you can think of, so I take Zyrtec 10 mg. I dont really have a choice, but my perinatologist said it is okay. Hope that helps.

Mary

Old 06-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

I live in Canada and we have a 24 hour medical info line. When I visited my parents a few weeks ago I had bad allergies to thier cat and called the health line. I can't recall for sure but, I think they said Benedryl and Clor Tripolon are safe. I asked the pharmasist at the local drugstore to confirm it before I bought any, just to be safe...I know how you feel though...I'm not sure if I am sick with a sinus cold right now or have bad allergies, but I am having a heck of a time sleeping let alone breathing. I blow my nose and before I even make it to the garbage can to throw out the kleenex my nose is just as stuffed up again!

Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

My doc called back and said Claritin was ok to take. I tried to avoid taking anything but the lack of sleep and swelling have been unbearable.
I am still scared that I'm taking it, I worry so much that it could hurt the baby.
Anyone else take Claritin for allergies?

Closed Thread