It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
I'm starting to freak out a little

I posted this before, but it's really getting to me I guess. I'm 35 weeks and being induced in 2 weeks, at 37 weeks. I have preeclampsia, and even though my b.p. has been pretty good the past month, my dr said she would prefer for me to have the baby while my b.p. is down, hence the reason for induction. And I agree with her, and I trust her, and know that she knows what is best for myself and my baby. But I just can't help being scared about it. I read that inductions aren't always the best thing, that the risks can outweigh the benefits in certain cases. So that sort of bothers me, and then I am going to be having my baby 3 weeks before my due date. And even though my dd was born at 37 weeks, and was perfectly healthy, I am still scared. But they consider 37 weeks full term, right? Again, I know my dr is doing the best thing, and I trust her, and I do plan on talking to her again at my appt on Wednesday, but I guess in the meantime I just am looking for some advice or something....I just can't shake this scared feeling!

Old 06-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
Re: I'm starting to freak out a little

I am sure she thinks it would be best for you and your baby,preeclampsia can be very dangerous and it sounds to me it would be safest at that time. My Bp took weeks to go down after I had my son and I suffered a lot of side effects.I had him at 36 weeks and he was fine. I would just try not to worry it just makes keeping your BP go up and enjoy the next two weeks of sleep that is if you can sleep. Good Luck!! you will be in my thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #3

pgta5 HB User
Re: I'm starting to freak out a little

I was induced one week before my due date do to high blood pressure. Yes, i believe this is safer for you and the baby, however you should also know that during an induction labor is harder and faster and if they think you baby is under stress or you are understress they will perform a c-section, which is what happened to me. I believe you chances of ended up with a c-section increase. Not to scare you but just let you know.

My son was fine. You baby should be fine at 37 weeks. My son ended up being jaundance and needed light therapy (it was in the summer so sun bathes inside, 5 times a day did the trick.) The c-section was a piece of cake for me. No problems at all.

Closed Thread