It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Primrose Oil and Raspberry Tea???'s

Hey all, I was looking for someone who had experience with this. I just bought a bottle of Primrose Oil capsules and a bottle of Raspberry Tea Leaves Capsules, and have a few questions.

1. When should I start taking them? I am 33/2 now and wanna get things going at least a week if not just a few days sooner then due date.

I have said before that the primrose did not work last time for me, but I think I only took one capsule a day, this says to take 1 capsule 3-6 times daily, preferably with meals.

2. now for the tea. Should I just take the capsules? or should I make a tea out of the insides of the capsule? how many times a day should I make the tea if that is the way to go? it says to take 1 capsule 3-6 times daily, with meals. So can I go either way or what? and when can I start to take it?

I have never tried the tea or tea capsules, so I don't know if it will actually work or not, wanted to see if it did anything at all for anyone here. thanks
Dawn

Old 06-07-2005, 06:28 AM   #2
(female)

jaybird75 HB User
Re: Primrose Oil and Raspberry Tea???'s

I just discussed this with my midwives at my checkup yesterday. First thing, they said not to try ANYTHING until 38 weeks, although some women start trying at 37 weeks. So you've still got some time. At that point, you have a couple of options:

1 - Evening Primrose Oil: my midwife said there were no official studies, and this is just her opinion, but in her experience WAY more women than you would think (like 1 in 5) have had success with this. She said to get the gel caps and take them orally AND squirt one onto your cervix daily. Personally, I can't even reach down over my belly, let along get my hand up in my vagina with a gelcap to squirt on my cervix, but she was saying that this has been really effective for some women because of the prostaglandins in the Primrose Oil (prostaglandins are what help ripen the cervix).

2 - Black Cohosh tincture. She said three dropperfuls a day may help induce labor.

3 - Caullophyllum. I'd never heard of this, but she said you have to get it from a homeopath, and it's like a little sugar pill thing you put under your tongue.

4 - Castor Oil. She stressed NOT to to try the castor oil unless you know for SURE that your cervix is ripe (like go to your doctor or midwife and have them check it to see)- otherwise you're just in for serious stomach cramps and major diarrhea. However, if your cervix is all ready to go, then the castor oil has a good chance of bringing on contractions.

I think I may try the primrose oil come 37 weeks, especially if it's super hot outside! I was miserable this weekend in the heat...ugh...

Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User
Re: Primrose Oil and Raspberry Tea???'s

OMG I cannot image trying to get that stuff even near my cervix lol. Could have dh give it a try lol, but then that prolly won't work either lmao. I will definatly wait then lol, thanks for the info

Closed Thread