It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
(female)

tracyhanf HB User
the draino test

just wondering if anyone has tried the draino test for determining the sex of the baby.
they say if it turns blue or green its a girl but if it turns brown its a boy.
does anyone know if its the foam that u go by or the color of the liquid after it is all done?
just wondering cause i really want to find out if i am having a boy or a girl and they dont tell u around here.
{removed}

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 06-07-2005 at 03:14 PM. Reason: No off board contact. Read posting rules.

Old 06-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: the draino test

{removed~Do not discuss moderating issues on the board-report posts that violate rules.} And I have heard it doesn't really work and can be dangerous due to the fumes. Research the internet on it under urban legand! *** I went back and looked and couldn't find anything, but have seen it didn't see it under urban legand. you can check the archives here.***
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 06-07-2005 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Read posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

If I were you, I'd probably just play the waiting game until your ultrasound. That way there isn't any potential harm done.

Old 06-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

The drano test is a wive's tale.
Gayle

Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

take a needle and thread and hold it above your belly button..if it goes round and round....its a girl....if it goes side to side...its a boy.....this worked with both of my girls, my sisters daughter, my other sisters 2 kids....and with some friends of hers. never known of it to fail.....was it just coincidence or true??? dont know....just know that i havent found anyone that it hasnt worked on. good luck.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #6
(female)

Natasha2316 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug8372
take a needle and thread and hold it above your belly button..if it goes round and round....its a girl....if it goes side to side...its a boy.....this worked with both of my girls, my sisters daughter, my other sisters 2 kids....and with some friends of hers. never known of it to fail.....was it just coincidence or true??? dont know....just know that i havent found anyone that it hasnt worked on. good luck.
Just wondering how early you can try this one? I just took off my necklace and tried that, and it went in circles im only 11 weeks but have a strong feeling im having a boy, would love to have a girl first though so if this works that would be awesome am I still too early to guess with this method?

Hope everyone is doing well

Old 06-08-2005, 05:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User

I did try the draino test when I was pregnant. I had my husband do it for me b/c the fumes were horrible. It is supposed to fiz up and overflow if it's a boy and if it's a girl the mixture will not react at all. It didn't work and the fumes are dangerous.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybug8372 HB User

that has been so long ago (12 years ago)...but i know that we done it before i had the sonogram......so i would say around 4 months. but it may work earlier than that. what i would do is continue to do it every couple of weeks to see if you get the same results....then compare it with your sonogram. the sonogram is the only guarantee as to what you are truly having....because they can actually see what it is. But, it is fun doing the needle and thread thing...then seeing if the results matched up. until i know of someone to get an inaccurate result...i have faith in the needle deal... because we have done this to too many people and never once was wrong.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #9
BabyMomma26

**Here try this, it worked for me and all my kids, my sister, hubby, and his sister, my friends kids and everyone else that tried it. All of you that have kids, try it and let me know how it works dor you, but everyone I know tried it and ti worked! Directions are at the bottom!**(I tried to space it out but when I submit it, it gets all messed up, but try to gollow the age)

WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF
CONCEPTION 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

January G B G B G B B G B G B G B B
February B G B G B B G B G B G B G G
March G B G G B G B B B G B G G B
April B G B G G B B G G B G G G G
May B G B G B B G G G G G B G G
June B B B G G G B B B G G B G G
July B B B G G B B G G B B B G G
August B B B G B G G B B B B B G G
September B B B G G B G B G B B B G G
Gctober B B G G G B G B G B B G G G
November B G B G G B G B G G G G B G
December B G B G G G G B G B G G B B

________________________________________ _________________________
WOMAN'S CONCEIVING AGE
MONTH OF
CONCEPTION 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

January B G B B G B G B G B G B B G
February G B G B B G B G B G B G B B
March B B B G B B G B G B G B G B
April G B G B G B B B B G B G B G
May G G G G B G B B G B G B B G
June G G G G G B G G B G B G B G
July G G G G G G B G B B G B G B
August G B G B G B G B G B B G B G
September G G G G B G B G B G B B G B
Gctober G G G G B B G B G B G B B G
November G G B B B G B G B G B B G B
December B B B B B B G G G B G B G B

________________________________________ _________________________
EXPLANATION

The woman's age from 18 to 45 is on the top line while the months 1 to 12 indicate the month when the baby is conceived. By following the chart you will be able to tell in advance whether your baby will be a boy or a girl. Thus, you can plan to have a boy or a girl. This chart has been taken from a Royal tomb near Peking, China. The original copy is kept in the Institute of Science of Peking. The accuracy of the chart has been proved by thousands of People and is believed to be 99 percent accurate. By reckoning, you follow a line drawn from the figure representing the woman's age to a line drawn from the month the baby is conceived. For instance, if the woman is 27 years old and her baby is conceived in January, then her baby will be a girl. The chart is based on the month the baby is conceived and not on the birth of the baby, B-Male, G-Female.

Last edited by BabyMomma26; 06-08-2005 at 08:18 AM.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I did this for my mom to test it out, and it was inaccurate. However I also read on the website with this that its the mother's lunar age. What does that mean and how do you calculate it?

I prefer the needle idea. It worked for my mom and Aunts, cousins, but also it says I'm having a girl and this Chinese chart says a boy, I WANT A GIRL!! LOL I will be happy with anything, though.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:12 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Spanish HB User

Personally I don't think there is any way to know 100% whether you are having a boy or a girl until the baby is born. The ultrasound scan is the most accurate thing there is but even then they sometimes get it wrong. Anything else is just old wives tales and guess work...let's face it whatever you do you're going to be right 50% of the time! I certainly wouldn't make any plans based on anything but the scan.

Someone has posted one of the Chinese birth charts which I know a lot of people say are correct. However, I've found two of these on-line and both claim to be 98% accurate...but one says that I'm having a girl and the other says it's a boy...so I guess between them they're 100% right. LOL!

Spanish

Old 06-09-2005, 06:25 AM   #12
BabyMomma26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyfoxy
I did this for my mom to test it out, and it was inaccurate. However I also read on the website with this that its the mother's lunar age. What does that mean and how do you calculate it?

The "lunar age" is 9 months ahead of your real age

Closed Thread