It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 AM   #1

Imy HB User
Exclamation 39.5 weeks & swollen feet plz help

Hi there fellow pregnant soon 2 be mommys. I really need some help. In the past two weeks or so I noticed some swelling starting to happen. However today my feet have completley no shape. It's like i'm walking on blocks. I drink plenty of water & my salt intake is normal. I do not have pre-eclamp or any other conditions. When i walk i feel like my skin is being streched all out. Very uncomfortable to say the least. I am a first time mom & my due date is saterday. I really have a feeling I will not be delivering anytime soon ( I am guessing at least next week). Is this normal at all, or is it a sign labor is around the corner? My BP is normal & all. I have a dr appointment tommorow so I will definatley ask the doc whats going on. Thanks for any info or advice

Old 06-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #2

Imy HB User
Re: 39.5 weeks & swollen feet plz help

oh i feel like a loser posting this...looking up swollen feet on this site. I guess it's totally normal & I just have to wait it out, too bad. I'll mention it to my doc but im sure they won't be doing anything about it other then maybe putting it in my records.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
(female)

pootie231 HB User

You have absolutely NO reason to feel like a loser. Like you said, you are a first time mom and it can be scary watching your body change during pregnancy-especially in ways you didn't know were possible. The ladies on this site are not judgemental and very supportive, so keep the questions coming!...p.s.-I am also due Sat.! good luck!

Old 06-08-2005, 04:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Imy,

You're ok.. we all feel like we are the first people to ever experience this. I am a frist timer too (35 weeks). During the past week, I feel as if my feet have been injected with jello. I had to lengthen the straps on my sandals and buy a pair of slip on sneakers that are a size larger than my normal size. When I get up in the morning, I feel like my feet are going to pop as I step on the floor.

This is one part of pregnancy that I am not enjoying! Hope your delivery goes well.

-Jen

Old 06-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I find that if I lay flat on the couch and put my legs up on the arm above my head it helps so much. I work in a shoe store and have seen the most swollen pregnant feet it is almost amusing to see them until their yours of course.Mine on a bad day will hurt just to touch and it was way worse in my last preg. good luck!!

Old 06-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #6

pgta5 HB User

Try to put your feet up when you can! Ask hubby for a foot massage if at all possible. You said your BP is normal which is good..that is the first question I was going to ask. You are actually very lucky if your swelling has just begun the last week of your pregnancy! Hope you have an easy delivery! Good luck!

Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

You are totally lucky to have gotten it at the end. My feet have been swelling all the way to just above the knee since my 18th week and they hurt really bad! If you get desperate, my doctor had me start wearing compression/support stockings to work and they help more than I ever imagined. They're expensive but they've done wonders for my swelling. I can walk normally and the swelling isn't constant now.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User

Hi all -

By all means call your doctor, tell your doctor, and do what you need to to make sure your doctor hears you - swelling can be a sign of pre-eclampsia and BPs can suddenly get high. It's not okay to write the swelling off as a normal part of pregnancy until after your doctor tells you it's okay. Really.

Wishing you well - Barbara

Old 06-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #9

Imy HB User
Talking Re: 39.5 weeks & swollen feet plz help

Thanks for all ur responses. At my doc appointment, she said she wasnt concerned becuase my BP was low. She told me the hot weather is probably what brang it on. Thank god some of us will be having a child soon. Pregnancy is hard enough, having to endure the last trimester in crazy hot humid conditions would just be misarable. (especially since we don't really blast AC at my house its too expensive). I admire any of u who are due in july-anytime after that. I have been proping up my feet any chance I get and it helped a bit, it is not as tender as yesterday. Take care all!!!!

Old 06-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Don't feel dumb for posting even though people already did there are hundreds of posts about the same thing, lol.
Anyway, mine just started swelling a few weeks ago, and got so bad, one day I wore DH's shoes! Then I just went and bought a new pair.
This has helped me the most, I go and put my feet in the pool. The water is still cool so it really helps. If you have one, or access to one, I suggest that.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Hi Imy,

I went to my appt. last night think it was going to be routine.. pee, BP, listen to the heartbeat... Well, not so much. It turns out that I have toxemia and that my swelling feet are part of the deal. They did a bunch of blood tests and monitored the baby for 2 hours and everything looks great. What I didn't know was that my BP has been elevated. It's funny b/c it has been pretty low for most of my pregnancy. I was ordered to stop working ( I am a teacher so it really only means missing 1 week of school) and am on 80% bedrest. BORING!

So, if you have an appt. this week, you may want to point out your feet to your doc.

Good luck,

-Jen

Closed Thread