It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 03:46 AM   #1
(female)

mightbeamommy HB User
How early can u start haveing craveings????

Hello everyone I am new to this site and I am waiting to find out if I am pregnant or not. I am going to wait another week or two before getting a test because I don't want to test to early and have it come out negative and think that I am not pregnant and find out later that I am. I can't remember when exactly that I had my last period and how long after that I had sex(unprotected) with my bf and I know my period should be starting anytime if not already. This is kinda hard to explain but when I have my period I don't have the usual problems like cramps and bloating and mood swings, which is nice, but 1 week before starting my period I have this weird feeling, not a painful feeling but more like an uncomfortable feeling that I am going to start my period and for some reason I haven't had that feeling yet so I am begenning to wonder. Plus I have been craveing ice cream and pickles lately...not together but one right after the other, and I have been eating more. My friend keeps telling me that I look like I am gaining just a little bit of weight but when I asked my bf he said no I am not. So is there any information anyone can offter me about the first 3-5 weeks of pregnancy? I am only 19 and am scared, and don't know much about pregnancy so any information people can give me would be wonderful!! Thanks!!!

Old 06-08-2005, 08:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User
Re: How early can u start haveing craveings????

Personally I have not had any cravings since getting pregnant (now 25 weeks) BUT I do remember the week I was supposed to get AF I could not stop eating. I was genuinly hungry all the time and could not figure out why, until I tested! But after the 7th or 8th week I started getting morning sickness around 1:00pm everyday so I tried to eat well in the morning and then couldn't eat anything else because it made me sick, I was however able to eat some steamed rice with lemon every night for about 6 weeks.
Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Im 22 weeks, but when I was about 5-6 weeks I craved lima beans. I didnt know at the time I was prego, but thats what I craved.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

I think everyone and every pregnancy is different. Sometimes there will be symptoms and sometimes there won't and same with cravings some have them some don't!!! I know with my first I craved Salt early on and didn't want anything sweet, then it went away and I know later on that I had a strong desire for a grape soda a coupe days, but that was about it!!! I haven't had any craveings this time. And I will be 9 wks tomorrow. Good luck!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-08-2005 at 08:46 AM.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I craved ice cream before I knew I was pg. I got pg when we were on vacation (first week in sept) and when we got back I went food shopping and I was buying ice cream. My DH was asking me why because I generally never really liked ice cream. I would eat it once in a while in the summer but other then that I could do without it. It wasn't until a month later I found out I was pg and then I still didn't put two and two together. It was not until later in the pregnancy when i was still craving ice cream. I was like oh is that why I needed it so bad when we got back from vacation.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #6
(female)

mightbeamommy HB User

Thanks for your reply's!!! Any more information that anyone has would be wonderful also... thanks!!!!

Old 06-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I started getting cravings in the first couple weeks as well. For me it was oranges. I couldn't eat enough oranges. I like them but usually I eat a lot of different types of fruit. Oranges were the only thing I was interested in. I also had it not quite so bad for raw spinach. Oh and everything gave me heartburn....

Closed Thread