It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
When did your morning sickness start?

I am trying to remember back to my 1st, I remember vividly having it just don't remember when it actually started. I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't had the problem, that is until today. I have been a bit nausious today and smells have bothered me today, which was a huge problem last time. So I assume 8 weeks and 6 days isn't uncommon for morning/day sickness to hit!!!! UGH!!!! How miserable. Has anyone else had a headache. I don't remember having one last time, but I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning cause my head hurt and Tylenol isn't touching it.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User
Re: When did your morning sickness start?

Mine started around 8 weeks as well...luckily this time round it was mostly only at night, but with my first it was all day, I ended up getting a perscription from my OB for morning sickness pills (Diclectin) which helped...and I started taking my vitamins right before bed. Goodluck, hope it doesn't last too long for you. Mine was mostly gone by 14 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

wyliemom HB User

My m/s started when I was 8 weeks to the day. And its still going strong at 22 weeks. But Im now on Reglan to help and it really is working. Smells are a big problem they get me started also. Im sorry you are getting it, but its something I think most people do get. Its no fun though. I also use to never get headaches and now I get one every day. But it has eased up some since I started the Reglan. I hope yours isnt as bad and that it gets better really quick..

Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

Thanks, yeah last time mine was bad, and I kept thinking I just have to make it to my 2nd Trimester and it will go away, but no, it started getting worse, so I called and got a prescription too, but it would make me really sleepy! I already take my vitamins at night, cause I know that can make things worse. Oh well it did help me from gaining to much to early last time, so maybe its a tiny blessing in disguise. It just makes for a ruff work day. UGH!!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-08-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
(female)

wyliemom HB User

Tell me about it. I work in a dental office and the walls are thin. Thank goodness the patients have earphones on for the T.V.s. Ive only gained 2 lbs but since Ive been on the Reglan Ive gained 1/2 a lb in a week. So Im not really liking that. But I know the baby is getting good food, because I eat alot of veggies and fruit. Sometimes I work in my onion rings from Whataburger and the bacon cheeseburger!! I was really concerned that when I dont keep anything down the baby would suffer too. But she is already 14 oz and right on schedule. How they gain weight when we cant keep much of anything down is a miracle itself.. I hope you feel better.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My sickness started around week 6 and still going strong at week 25. Not long after it started I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which is excessive vomiting, nausea and dehydration. I'm now having stretches of about 7-10 days which are ok/good followed by 4-5 really bad days. My doctor prescribed me Cyclizine which doesn't really do much to help. I was also worried that the baby would be hurt by the sickness but thankfully she's growing like crazy and doing great.

Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

im1here HB User

Oh, that's really crummy...I hope things get better soon for you...For me,with pg #1, I didn't get m/s until I caught a whiff of the Mr. Clean I was using one morning at 10 weeks-it sent me running to the toilet in a hurry. Then I didn't get anything until a few weeks later when suddenly I couldn't tolerate taking my vitamin. I discovered, after trying different things for a few days, that I had to break it in half and take a few TUMS before hand. Those were the only 3 or 4 times I ever got sick.

I'm 10 weeks...so far nothing. I've had a few brief waves of nausea-and only at bedtime for some reason...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Jenn

Old 06-08-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

before I even knew I was pregnant I was nauseaus

Old 06-09-2005, 01:40 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

asako HB User

mine hit me at about 5-6 weeks...always in the morning, just puke once and feelwoosy all day........

Old 06-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #10
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User

morning sickness was my very first sign of pg. it was like the day after we did the baby dance, i started getting sick. you guys are pretty lucky to have an 8 week grace period. at 12 weeks now it's starting to calm down....... thank GOD!!!! good luck through the rest of your pregnancy(s).
cassandrasmommy
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Old 06-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #11
(female)

MelissaLouise HB User

I guess I was one of the lucky ones..I didnt get any morning sickness in my pregnancy..I am now in my 30th week..this is my first...I did get nausea when I smelled certain smells though..My apartment is above a store and they cook food also...so pizza and onions....and vinegar from when they cleaned the coffee pot always got to me....never actually puked though..the pre natal vitamins will make you sick if you dont eat anything before hand...I did get headaches in the middle of the first trimester until a little into the 2nd......and they did suck..It would be almost every day...I feel great now though

Closed Thread