It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Dealing with the Summer Heat

The heat is killing me and it only is going to get worse. I am not due until October so the last trimester of my pregnancy will be july-september. The A/C at work is broke and i am hotter than everyone else because i am prego. Sleeping is getting really unconfortable esprecially as i get bigger. Is it true that you swell up more during the summer? I am trying to drink as much water as i can.

Can anyone relate?

Old 06-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User
Re: Dealing with the Summer Heat

BLAH, I am hot all the time, no a/c in the car. I feel like im overheated. I try drinking alot of water. I live in south texas so not only is it so darn hot. its humid also. today alone ive taken three showers. I feel gross all the time.
monica
due 10/1/05

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
BabyMomma26

I HATE THE HEAT!!! I should have learned from my son who was born in December!! I am either in my house with the a/c, the pool, or the car with the a/c blasting. I will NOT ride in my hubby's car, he opted to take the air out...foolish him! I am eating a lot of ice pops and drinking a lot of water or unsweetened iced tea. I cant stand the heat, and its only going to get worse!

Old 06-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Be careful, out A/C went out a few weeks ago, and the next day I went into early labor, I honestly believe it had something to do with it.
Anyway, sometimes at night, I get a wet washcloth or a frozen ice pack and sleep with it on my stomach or between my legs. I know that sounds odd, but it will really help. And when you are awake, just keep one on the back of your neck or basically anywhere on you.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

I too am sick of this heat! Its only June, I live in Canada, which to some may think, Heat, what heat?!?! Let me tell you it is freakin' hot and humid here as well. Its 90 or so and I have no AC, the fan is on me at all times but it just isn't helping. I'm due in Nov. so this summer will be all but fun, I'm sure.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:22 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Even though I may incur everybody's wrath I just have to jump in and say that I love the heat!! The hotter the better. I'm not due until Sept. 17 so I'll be in the third trimester during the heat wave that's supposedly heading our way. We had temps reach over 90 and it was as humid as anything and I loved it. Our house doesn't have A/C but still manages to stay a bit cool. I hate winter and I hate the cold. My mom was the same way. She was pregnant during the summer with me and my bro and wouldn't have had it any other way.

Please don't hurt me ladies..*lol*...

Nicole x

Old 06-09-2005, 04:15 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm the same way as Nicole. I'm due Sept. 10th. I have been so cold during this entire pregnancy, I'm embracing the heat. In cold & cool weather, I would sit on our furnace registers with a blanket over me and just shiver. I could not warm up.

I was always cold anyway, but even colder while pregnant.

Yesterday, it was in the 90's outside. Holding at 80 in our house due to the AC, and I had to turn off the AC and napped under a comforter. I was cold.

I will say my body is sweating more in some places while pregnant (I would hardly ever sweat before), but definitely, I feel cold. Strange.
Gayle

Old 06-09-2005, 05:00 AM   #8
(female)

malizoom HB User

I'm aiming for a December baby next pregnancy. I am SO bloody hot and have to spend a lot of time walking UPHILL in the heat to get to work, often carrying a heavy bag. Also, no AC at home. I love going in to work these days. It's freezing there. Speaking of the devil...it's time for me to start hiking uphill.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:01 AM   #9
(female)

USPS84 HB User

Well I can definitely relate...

I work 6 days a week, as a mail person.

There is roughly 2-3 hours of sweating in the plant, while sorting the mail. Then I get to venture out in the hot and humid weather to deliver it from a mail truck that has a big window with no A/C! It was 84º yesterday, and it only took 4 hours of working before I felt like I was going to pass out!

I have been stopping in the restrooms at the busniesses I deliver to, and I put cold paper towels on my forehead for a few minutes.

I am working until I go into labor...So hopefully I only have 8 more weeks of work!

Old 06-09-2005, 05:09 AM   #10
(female)

Di12779 HB User

I too can relate. I teach special education in one of the oldest schools in our city and I am trapped on the second floor. My classroom in in the center of the building so our windows open to a brick wall, there is no air flow at all. Today we are looking at temps in the 90's and the humidity is already smothering. I am do in 20 days and trying to work until the end so this is killing me. My feet are huge, I couldn't even get my rings on today and I feel so sick to my stomache because I am just over heated. I even have fever blisters on my lip because of this week! I work from 7-4 as well, so it's not like I can even leave her at a normal time! ICK!

Last edited by Di12779; 06-09-2005 at 05:10 AM.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:11 AM   #11
(female)

pootie231 HB User

Hey ladies, I can definitely relate to the heat as my first son was born August 27th. It was one of the hottest summers on record here and I thought I was going to die. See the problem is that when you're pregnant, your body temp. is generally raised a bit, so you're usually warmer than everyone to begin with. At least in Winter you can bundle up, in summer, you can only strip down so far before you run out of options. I distinctly recall being totally naked, on my bed with the fan AND a/c blasting and wet facecloths. (Sorry for the mental pic)lol-that's why this one we planned to come BEFORE the heat!

Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I'm with the hot people! I didn't know how lucky I was the first time I was pregnant and was due in March. This time I'm due in September and I've already had a couple of days I thought I was going to die. It hasn't even been that hot yet! The plan, I'm getting one of those big blow up pools for the back yard and I'll be hanging around in there all summer. I don't care how silly I look. We only have A/C in the living room so if the air mattress has to come out for me to sleep, so be it. If all else fails, I'll be sleeping in my parents basement lol, (we don't have one). Good luck to all of you, I think we're going to need it.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:53 AM   #13

sadend HB User

Hi everyone,
I am pg with twins they are officialy due 8/14 but my doc said mid july looks more like the actual delivery. I am so stinkin hot all the time and I have central AC. The ac on my car is always on. I always used to be cold before i was pg now im always broiling.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #14
BabyMomma26

I posted earlier about how I hate the heat! Well today I agreed to be the "mystery reader" at my sons kindergarten! What was I thinking, he's on the 2nd floor and the school has no air. Here we only have 1/2 day kindergarten and when his teacher comes out to bring them in @ 12:15, she says how nice and cold it is outside! I'm dreading today!!!

Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

2fst HB User

I don't know how anyone could make it through the summer pg. I am having a c-section tomorrow. The beginning of my pregnancy I could NOT get warm enough and then the last trimester hit and I can not be cold enough. I used to love the heat and being warm. We have a/c in our bedroom I have that on full blast and a fan blowing directly on me. I just wear a tank top to bed and the DH is under two blankets trying to stay a little warm!! I went to the dr the other day and not only is my body temp up but due to my heart problems it seems my heart rate is too. That does not help you stay cool. I sweat so bad it is gross. I have no idea how anyone lives without a/c.

Closed Thread