It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Red face Pregnancy and your Period??

HI all.. I am back! Beena LOOOONG time.. can't believe my son is a year old already! question for you ladies... has anyone here been freshly pregnant but get their period? We have begun trying to conceive and we tried to make sure we did "it" on my most fertile days... the last time we had sex was about 4-5 days before my period was due... I had been taking tests right up until my period started (the 6th) and it always said negative. Well, today I had to go to the hospital because I was having kidney stone problems again and my blood work came back with a HCG count of only 10. The doctor said it was most likely a false positive... I thought there was no such thing as false positives in blood pregnancy tests. He said to get another blood test in a couple of days. He said usually a negative has a HCG count of 5 or less. Tonight, I used one of my home kits, just to see.. and the faintest line IS there indicating pregnancy... the problem... I AM ON MY PERIOD!! Is this possible? Would it be because we may have conceived only days before my period was due? Will I loose the baby because of this? How can the egg implant itself if my endometrium has sloughed off with my period? Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Mary
Ethan James born May 26th, 2004 at 3:55 p.m. weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
Veteran

happymom2b HB User
Re: Pregnancy and your Period??

Boing!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Do you have an irregular cycle? Most women ovulate 14 days before the start of their next period (14 days after the start of their last period) in a normal 28-day cycle. It takes the egg 10-14 days to implant in your uterus and for your body to start producing the HCG hormone. I have always heard that there are no false positives, but that has always applied to the home pregnancy tests. Did you have a positive hpt? I guess the only thing you can do is wait a few days and get another blood test like the doctor indicated. Some women do get their period while pregnant, some even the whole 9 months, so anything's possible.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
Veteran

happymom2b HB User

Hi there! I have an amazingly regular cycle... 28 days to the day. never fails. I did a HPT last night and there was a very faint positive, yet this morning when I did anothe rone, it says negative. I guess I will just have to wait onthe blood work. Mary

Old 06-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jmcummins3 HB User

Good luck! I can imagine your frustration with mixed results. Let us know what the next blood test indicates.

Closed Thread