It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
(female)

wyliemom HB User
Angry Why the Backache and Ribs hurting??

Ok I just need to vent

Im 22 weeks and my back is just starting to ache, ecspecially at night. And my ribs are sore on the right side just under my right breast. I recently got on Reglan for the m/s and now that Ive gotten over that, this happens. Is it normal for these symptoms at 22 weeks? I know that we are carrying extra weight and that can cause backaches. But what about the ribs feeling sore or like they are being moved? Pregnancy is suppose to be wonderful during the second trimester but not this one. It seems that I get all my symptoms early or double time. I love being pregnant when I feel well, I love feeling her move and kick. But I just needed to vent, guess its a hormonal day for me.

Sorry girls.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FirstTimeMomma HB User
Re: Why the Backache and Ribs hurting??

Don't apologize for venting. Sometimes it helps...
Your ribs can hurt because the organs in your belly area get pushed up higher to make room for the growing baby. Which is also why pregnant woman are more prone to heartburn and it seems harder to breathe for some.
I am still pretty early on (only 11 weeks) but I can understand those hormones completely! lol. Hope this helps to explain why you have sore ribs. I know it doesn't help wth the discomfort though. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: Why the Backache and Ribs hurting??

I'm 26 weeks (27 weeks tomorrow!!!) and I've got aches and pains all over my body that have come and gone throughout the pregnancy.

My sciatic nerve started up around week 19, and seems to just now be calming down a bit. I've got way more aches & pains to tell you about. I guess my comment is if it's not one thing, it's another. And the new stuff seems to get worse as it gets farther along. I honestly can say I had about 1 good week so far in this entire pregnancy where I felt decent and was still able to sleep. That was around week 17 when I had my amnio.

I'm having a crappy 2nd trimester as well. You are not alone. I dislike pregnancy. Just want the baby out!!!!! It's okay to vent!
Gayle

Closed Thread