It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User
Bed Rest Blues :(

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I went for my 35 week check up and my doc said that I have to stay on 80% bed rest until delivery. I know this is really common and there are a bunch of you who are probably sitting in bed with laptops right now reading this.

I had protein in my urine, my bp was high and my feet are swollen, all signs of preeclampsia. They did a fetal monitor for 2 hours and everything is fine with the baby. Also, all my blood work came back fine.

I just hate lying/sitting around. A person can only watch so much t.v., read a certain amount of books/magazines or go online for so many hours before her eyes start to fall out of her head! I feel bad whiniing because I know I am close to the end and I could have been on rest for much longer. I am just having a hard time gaining acceptance.

Thanks for listening. Any survival stories from the bedside would be appreciated!

-Jen

Old 06-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User
Re: Bed Rest Blues :(

You sound exactly like me. I had my 35 week checkup yesterday, b.p. was high, all sorts of protein, got blood work done, and had to have a non-stress test. I too am ordered off of my feet, and laying on my left side. But I have had this problem for many months now, and my medication for it isn't working as well as my dr wants it too. But I'm already almost 4 cm's dilated, and having early back labor, so if I don't have this baby on my own, I am being induced in 1-2 weeks. Anyway, just hang in there. I go crazy trying to think of things to do, but I just find I get more annoyed and frustrated when I can't think of anything. This will all be over soon, I promise! I am thinking of you, and take good care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #3
(female)

lil*hottie HB User
Angry Re: Bed Rest Blues :(

Hey there... I too am on bed rest and have been for about a week now...I went into full labor having contrations every minute to 30 sec!! But my WONDERFUL doctor (I am being sarcastic) doesn't want me to have him yet so she put me on Brethine every 4 hours!! That means I have to get up in the middle of the night too! The Brethine stops you from contrating...Anyways it sucks...I am SO ready to have him...MY feet are SO swollen and I feel like a fat overgrown pumpkin...And being on bed rest doesn't make it any better...Like you said there is only so my t.v. you can tolerate...I never really liked t.v that much anyways...It drives me crazy...Anyways sorry for me complaining but it will all get better when we can hold are little bundles of joy in our arms

Old 06-10-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Thanks gals,

I spent part of my 20% "up time" yesterday by going to work and picking up papers to correct. At least now I will have something to do.

I go back to the doc. on Monday to be rechecked. I don't think she is going to talk about delivering early but if she does, that's ok by me. For the past two days, I have felt like I have a lot of pressure down low, as if something is trying to get out ! who knows, maybe he is farther along than we all thought. Due date - July 9. Andilyn, aren't you and I pretty much on the same schedule?

-Jen

Old 06-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

andilyn HB User

Hey JenW67-

We are just about exactly on the same schedule...my due date is the 11th of July. Even though it's awful having to be on bed rest, at least we all can relate to what each other is going through. Hang in there!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I went to the dr this morning I was already on bed rest but not doing a very good job at it when my b/p was 180/100!!! he made an appointment for monday morning then sent me to the hospital to be monitered it went down alot. Now I am stuck all weekend in bed and my friend just had her DS last night and I want to go see them sooooo bad.Maybe monday he will have sympathy for me and induce or something.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Shelliam,

How many weeks are you?

-Jen

Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I am 38 weeks tomarrow.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
(female)

sam0831 HB User

I feel for you ladies, I was on bed rest from 20 weeks until I delivered at 36. All I can say is be greatful for your rest now. my dd just started crawling and she doesn't sleep through the night either, so I miss the days of doing nothing. good luck to you all

Old 06-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

i feel for everyone too! I had to be on partial bedrest at 34 weeks and 6 days until 36 weeks. Then from 36-37 weeks I was on sort of bedrest. Like get up for 10 minutes and do something then sit down for 30. It was relaly annoying that first week, all i played a lot of nintendo, and worked a lot of puzzle books! And i was only out for a week! i can't imagine how you guys are doing it. But I would have stayed on bedrest the whole tiem if that is what I would have had to do. Good luck everybody!

Closed Thread