It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

pregogirl HB User
Exclamation Numb feeling?

Just thought I'd ask if anyone is experiencing this too...
I'm 24 weeks and occasionally feel a numb sensation on the top part of my expanding belly (really the uterus) -and it is in a very specific location-only on the left front side. Weird. Anyway, just thought someone might be able to clue me in if this is typical.

Thanks!
Pregogirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 08:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Re: Numb feeling?

I dont get a numb feeling in my stomach but i do get a numb or tingling sensation in my hands like they fell asleeo of something. Is this the type of numbness you are feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 05:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I get a strange sensation on the top of my belly too, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I'll tell you about it...

Mine is at the top of my belly...I mean the very top of the belly, right under my boobs where the belly begins. It's kind of numb/kind of not numb, with a little tingle to it, and a little ache. I wouldn't say my pain is deep enough to be in or on the uterus (because I know my uterus is actually really high up there right now)...it feels more on the surface...like below the skin and on the muscle layer.

Anyway, my doctor says this is my body stretching. I've been feeling this ever since around week 15 or so, but it seems to get worse as my belly grows.

Hope that helps, or helps to rule something out for you.
Gayle

Old 06-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
(female)

pregogirl HB User

Hi Gayle,
That is exactly what I'm feeling! Thank you for describing it so well. It's a kind of weird sensation, and I didn't know how to word it, but I figured as long as it's not painful, it's just the body adjusting, expanding, and all that. Our bodies go through so much. I'm 25 weeks and my friend who had a baby 3 months ago said I will get a lot bigger. How is there any room left to grow with my own organs in the way? :-)

To Babygirl,
That numb sensation is normal...i read it in "what to expect when you are expecting". Have you read this book? It's quite helpful. It says the tingling feeling in arm and legs are caused by fluid accumulating and pressing on the nerve endings...but the book stresses it's nothing to worry about. It suggests maybe changing positions might help.

Best of luck to both of you and congratulations!!!!

Pregogirl

Closed Thread