It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

TESS1 HB User
Is It OK to Sleep on Your Belly While PG?

I am 8 weeks along. My favorite sleeping position is on my belly, but is it OK. I know later on it will be impossible, but do you think as long as it's comfortable that it's OK for the baby. This is probably a silly question, but does anybody know anything?

Old 06-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: Is It OK to Sleep on Your Belly While PG?

I think when you start to get into your 2nd trimester they want you to stop laying on your belly. If anyone else disagrees please feel free to correct me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

you will know when it is getting uncomfortable for you. You will actually most likely turn on your belly during the night and be woken up since it will be uncomfortable for you. I think normally as your uterus starts growing is when you will be stopping it. good luck

Old 06-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
(female)

Karen62705 HB User

My doctor told me any sleeping position (even on back) is fine as long as your comfortable. She also said to pay attention to your body, and it will tell you what's right and wrong. I slept on my belly untill it just got too uncomfortable...i'm 37 weeks now and looking forward to sleeping on my belly soon!!!

Old 06-10-2005, 04:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

My doctor told me what Karen said. Your body will tell you when it's time to stop sleeping on your stomach.

He told me the same thing about sleeping on my back. I can continue doing it, but my body will decide when and if it's time to stop. I'm 27 weeks and still sleep on my back sometimes. My doc said around week 28 is when the baby and uterus will probably start getting too heavy and put pressure on my back & I may decide to not lay like that anymore. We'll see. I hate sleeping on my sides.
Gayle

Old 06-10-2005, 06:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

I am 34 wks tomorrow and I still sleep on my back, but not for long as it really hurts to lay on my back, I try and sleep partially on my back and partially on my side. My shoulders hurt so bad in the morning from sleeping on my sides, I cannot wait to start sleeping on my back and belly again. But be forwarned that it is hard to start sleeping on your belly again once the baby is born, my mom and a few others I know, still cannot sleep on there bellies anymore. I basically reprogrammed myself to sleep on my belly, I made sure I did, til I felt comfortable again. don't know why, but alot of people have a hard time going back to sleeping on there bellies again. good luck

Old 06-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

JenW67 HB User

Any sleep in any position you can get is gold.

As everyone else said, you will naturally just stop sleeping on your tummy when it gets uncomfortable. If I tried it now at 36 weeks, my hands and feet woudln't even touch the bed!

Old 06-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Celestine HB User

I'm a total tummy sleeper and it was pretty much the only position I could be comfortable with. I kept sleeping on it until it got painful and couldn't do it anymore. I read on a pregnancy site that it doesn't really matter how you sleep in a normal pregnancy, so just find a comfortable position. I never thought it could be that big of a deal, after all it's pretty hard to control the position you wind up in when you're sleeping. I can't wait to get back on my tummy though!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

Dh says the first thing I am going to do is roll over and take a nap on my belly, lol!
But like they all said, ifyou are comfy in a position it is okay. I am comfy on my belly, but the baby doesnt' like it, so as soon as I roll over that way he starts kicking like crazy!

Old 06-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
(female)

brit18 HB User

When your belly becomes big enough to worry about that, then you will probably be pretty uncomfortable lying that way.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

I'm 27 Weeks (28 weeks tomorrow!), and just discovered that if I construct a place to lay with pillows, I can lay on my belly!

2 pillows side-by-side and close together for the bottom layer.

Add 2 more pillows directly on top of the bottom layer, except set them at a slight inverted V. Set your belly in the V and it's quite comfortable.
Gayle

Closed Thread