It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
gross question

For the past week I have noticed that after I pee and then wipe there is this thick clear gooey thing on the toilet paper. Im not sure what it is, if it could be something worth meantioning to my doctor next week or if its just normal pregnancy discharge.
I dont remember seeing that with my other two pregnacies, are there any ideas on this and like I said its clear there is no blood and there isnt that much so I dont think its the mucus plug also I have seen it before a few months ago but not as often as I have this past week.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

tschuller HB User
Re: gross question

Robyn,
For all three of my babies I had the same thing and it was indeed the mucus plug. You do not always get the streaks of blood in it like it says in the 'books'. I would mention it t your OB and I am sure she will assure you that everything is normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

tschuller,
thanks for your response, I didnt know that the mucus plug came out a little bit at a time and without blood. I will totally mention it to my doctor. I noticed that you stated that I will be assured that everything is normal, so then I am assuming this isnt something to worry about at all and that it is a normal part of pregnancy.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:41 AM   #4
BabyMomma26

I hope its not the mucus plug!!! I'm 19 weeks, I will be 20 Monday, I had that yesterday!!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:46 AM   #5

sadend HB User

I dont think its a mucus plug i have his this constantly since 20 weeks

Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #6
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

BabyMomma26,
Like I wrote in my original post I first noticed it a few months ago when I was about as far along as you are now, so I guess its nothing major.
I know this might sound silly to mention but I just noticed that my two daughters are both 2 months older than your first two, I know its off subject but I thought it was cute when I saw it.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
(female)

tschuller HB User

Robyn,
I am sorry but I did not ask how far along you were? The mucus plug usually starts to dislodge a few weeks before birth. I didn't mean to scare some you out there. If you are only 20 weeks or have a ways to go then I would mention it to your OB. I did have an increase in discharge throughout my entire pregnancies, and that too was normal. But still, ask your OB. She will know for sure and can tell you exactly what is happening with your body and why.

tschuller

Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User

Im 36 1/2 weeks so I guess its normal for me to start to lose it now, although I was under the impression that it didnt come out until I was in labor which was my experience with both my first and second babies.
But again this isnt something new I have seen this goo since my second trimester just not that often. There has just been an increase this past week thats why I even asked about it. I do see the doctor next week so I'll just ask her about it and see what she thinks.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

The mucas plug can come out a few weeks before labor right up until and during labor, I lost mine a few weeks before having my dd, and I had blood in it, I have never heard it not to, but who knows, only the ob could tell you that for sure. I had the same type of discharge a few times early on also, it is normal and I would not worry. I had the same thing with my dd and my docs told me it was normal then, so I think it is normal now also. good luck

Old 06-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
(female)

mom2batlast HB User

I'm only 19 weeks too and having the seeing the same thing. Is this a bad sign?

Old 06-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

I have it alot w/ this preg too but not with my last it's normal.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #12
BabyMomma26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Robyn
BabyMomma26,
Like I wrote in my original post I first noticed it a few months ago when I was about as far along as you are now, so I guess its nothing major.
I know this might sound silly to mention but I just noticed that my two daughters are both 2 months older than your first two, I know its off subject but I thought it was cute when I saw it.

Robyn--LOL!! I just read this! Thats sooo funny!

Old 06-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #13
(female)

zachary's mommy HB User
Talking Re: gross question

I wouldn't worry at all, all the books I have say with each month a thick whitish discharge is very commom and ok. Do you have the book What to expect when you are expectiong. If not...I recommend it strongly. It answered alot of questions for me, Good luck with your bundle of joy.
Take care...ZAchary's Mommy :

Old 06-13-2005, 07:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

Thick discharge is a very normal part of pregnancy, from beginning to end. But, in my experience......when I lost my mucous plug, it was way thicker than the normal discharge I was having. It was literally like slopping a handful of vaseline on my toilet paper, except that it was more white than yellow. I had a couple of big portions come out, then after that it was smaller amounts. Sorry for the graphic details.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 PM   #15
(female)

MommyX's3 HB User

I am so glad that you posted this question! I am experiencing the exact same thing. I am 35 1/2 weeks and I have already started dilating and my cervix is soft. I too was wandering if it was my plug that I was seeing. I've never had anything like this before it just looks like a BIG white wad on the toilet paper.

Closed Thread