It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

angelbc HB User
Anyone feeling unattractive?

I am 19 weeks pregnant and have gained 8 pounds. Today marks the first day where I feel so unattractive. I feel fat like really fat. Ever since I got pregnant I had a little trouble with acne. Now to me that really bothers me since I have never had a problem with acne. I guess you can say I have a long ways to go and I hope this is just a hormone thing going on with me today but I am really feeling just gross. I am sure nobody else will view me this way since I am carrying a baby and all but I just do not have any self esteem. Its even so bad that I don' want to speak to anyone at work and just want to go home and cry, cry, and cry some more. Has anyone else thought about this and what did you do to make yourself feel better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User
Re: Anyone feeling unattractive?

Try not to feel bad, I am sure we all feel that way during some part of the pregnancy. I know I had a real problem w/ breaking out on my chest, shoulders and back and I hated it and felt huge an ugly (with 1st pregnancy). But it will pass and its all worth it for that sweet baby. You are about at the half way point, hang in there! Do something to treat yourself to make you feel better. Maybe a pedicure, or get your hair fixed or go for a facial or massage. Or buy a new top! It will pass! And I am sure its not as bad as you think. Hang in there.
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-10-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

TJR HB User

Dont feel so bad sweetie! I think that pregnant women are the most beautiful women in this world! Even prettier then those super models in magazines. There is just something so beautiful about women in such a delicate state! Dont feel bad!! Like Kalebsmom said, im sure its not as bad as u think!

Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

LABOR HB User

oh the same thing happened to me but i started feeling that way and i was only 7 weeks. it was so bad i though nothing fit and no matter what a wore i looked fat. but i just got over it and enjoy everything.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

sumi HB User

Oh,
I get those days too. Today is a fat day for me! I too never had a problem with acne but since getting pregnant my back is a disaster! Just remember that when you hold your little angel in your arms it will all be worth it. I didn't start showing till 20 weeks so before people just thought I was gaining weight, now that I am showing it makes it so much better. I am actually proud of my little belly.
I look at it like pms, you have your good days and your bad days, sometimes you feel fat, other times you feel beautiful. Your body is going through some major changes, just take it easy and try to think of your little baby.
Like the previous post said go pamper yourself, that makes me feel better. Nothing like Retail Therapy!

Old 06-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #6
(female)

CherryroseQT HB User

I am 20 weeks and have gained 8 lbs too! I feel so similar to you! I can't stop saying "I'm huge" or "I'm fat". Which is ironic because so many people say "you don't even look pregnant". ... I haven't had *** in over two weeks. My boyfriend asked me yesterday why? But I can't even get excited because I feel so completely gross. To make matters even worse, my boyfriend is going to a bachelor party tomorrow which the entertainment will be two strippers! uuughhh. What an inconvenient time to deal with your boyfriend starring (touching!?) hot young girls.

I have acne too, and I'm SO PALE. Even my boyfriend said "you look so white" I don't ever go to the tanning salon but I generally get sun, or use tanning lotions. I just haven't felt like putting tanning lotion all over my much larger and softer body! ha.

I'm lucky in that I don't feel to depressed. I got a new hair-cut on Tuesday Which made me feel great! Yesterday I went and got some new bras and panties, also some new lotions and perfumes. Kind of a treat to myself. Makes me feel a bit better.

This is my first, and the changes are extreme. Try and take care of yourself. Also maybe do some strength training with really light weights. Having a little work-out makes me feel better.

Old 06-10-2005, 01:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

pittbulllover HB User
Talking Re: Anyone feeling unattractive?

I have a funny story to share about feeling unnatractive. I hope this makes you feel better!
First of all I am 25 weeks pregnant with twins. The only weight I have really gained is in my belly, which is HUGE! I started out weighing 155 and now weigh 164, not a lot right?
So I finally broke down and ordered maternity underwear the other day, I don't know if you have worn these yet, but they are deceptively LARGE. They go up almost under your breasts!
So, they arrived yesterday and were waiting for me when I got home. I had to try them on right away and they are very comfortable. HOWEVER, you will look like a complete retard wearing them!
Anyway, the funny part happened after I went for my walk and came home. I was all alone, hot, sweaty, very pregnant and standing in front of an oscilating fan wearing nothing but my new mommy underpants and gym shoes. At that moment, my darling husband came upstairs and busted me enjoying both my new underwear and the cool breeze of the fan!
The man has never laughed so hard in his life! I have to admit, althouth I was a little hurt, and felt very large at that perticular moment, after my husband walked over and told me how cute I was, and how cute the belly is and gave me huge hug and kiss I had to laugh too. What a picture that would have been!
At the end of the day, try and remember you are BEAUTIFULLY carrying the next generation in your belly! Your pregnant, not fat, and that is the most BEAUTIFUL thing in the world!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
(female)

TJR HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbulllover
At the end of the day, try and remember you are BEAUTIFULLY carrying the next generation in your belly! Your pregnant, not fat, and that is the most BEAUTIFUL thing in the world!
***CLAP***
Your story made me crack up LOL!

Old 06-10-2005, 01:40 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kaleb's Mom 04 HB User

At the end of the day, try and remember you are BEAUTIFULLY carrying the next generation in your belly! Your pregnant, not fat, and that is the most BEAUTIFUL thing in the world![/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!! bravo. Loved your story too!!!
It's a GIRL EDD Jan 12, 2006

Last edited by Kaleb's Mom 04; 06-10-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #10
BabyMomma26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbulllover
So I finally broke down and ordered maternity underwear the other day, I don't know if you have worn these yet, but they are deceptively LARGE. They go up almost under your breasts!
Quick question, but off this topic....Does everyove get these undies? Im on my 4th pregnancy and never with any of my other boys stoped wearing thongs. Is that bad??

Also, no matter how bad I feel about myself, hubby always has a way of making me feel better. Its always "OHHH my baby......." Anything I do is awww my baby has to go potty? Hes just to cute it makes me laugh! (Sorry if I shared to much info)

Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #11
(female)

angelbc HB User

Thank you to all. You are all so much help. I am very glad I came upon this website. Oh especially thank you to pittbullover, I absolutley love that story.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Pittbulllover: I loved your story! Definately brought a smile to my face!

Closed Thread