It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

Marisa7 HB User
Husband in denial!!

I am pregnant I found out by taking a at home test June 7 it was positive I also took another one today and it was also positive. but my husband thinks I was crazy.. he said my cycle isnt normal yet. I have been off the pill since Jan. and I normally start anywhere from 19-23 days well tomorrow marks 28 days and my breast are really sore and I am really tired and he wonders why hello Iam pregant but just doesnt believe me what do I do. He is mad that I called my doctor and set up an appointment for a third test.. what is going on?? I also have 2 questons I think.. sorry if this is kinda long
first one is I had a few drinks before my period was late it was my b-day last sunday now I am worried that the baby nay be at risk I dont have a appt till the 21st of June and I am worried..
Second question can I still have sex? I am scared to have sex and my husband is mad.

Last question I promise.. Can you sill have dental work done? Iam a lot of work like fillings and crowns that need to be done is this safe for the baby please help!!

Last edited by Marisa7; 06-10-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User
Re: Husband in denial!!

if i had your husband, i would say.. OK dear... your right... im probibly not pregnate...and let him come to the doctors appointment with you and see for himself... dont stress over it... he has 9 months to get used to the idea... dont force it on him.. also yes it is safe to have sex... i have asked my doctor about that one a few time... and i wouldnt worry about haveing a few drinks a few days ago... my girlfriend got 100% smashed the day before she found out she was prego.. and everything is fine.. they just really want you to watch it after you know you are prego... i would not do dental work before asking your doctor, my doctor told me to get all my dental work done before i tried to get pregnate. hope this helps... dont stress out to bad... your dh will come around and be okay with it all.

Last edited by hope5756; 06-10-2005 at 03:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

If this is your first baby, this is bound to happen with your dh, my dh was in denial the first time around also, until he went with me to my docs appt, they told him, we had the u/s and it was there.

yes sex is fine, all through out pregnancy and it is usually even better while you are pregnant, as there is more blood in your body and all senses are heightened. and even though your breasts and nipples are sore, the sensitivity is also heightened, by most anyway lol, just tell dh not to squeeze or pinch to hard lol.

As far as your drinking, you are fine, you have not hurt anything yet, as you are only in the beginning of your pregnancy and you are in the implantation stage, where there is really nothing there but the egg that is emplanting and seperating, so don't worry there. Just take precaution from now on.

I think it depends on the type of dental work you need done, I am not sure about the anesthesia or the shots they put in your mouth, but it is advised to have at least 1 cleaning and check up while you are pregnant to make sure you are getting enough calcium, as the baby will take alot from you. Make sure to take your prenatels lol. xrays are a definate no no, and so is the laughing gas that you can get there. When I went to the dentist they would not do it, cause of being pg. Good luck to you and make sure you get back to us with your edd and what dh says about it lol.

Old 06-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User

It's important that you get your cavities filles and such because if they get infected or abcessed that can bring on pre-term labor. My dentist uses a special numbing shot that is safe for preg. women.You may want to look into what type of malgum to use I got the white kind last time but I am not sure I did myself a favor but the silver has some mercury in it.I would call your dentist they should be able to ease your mind.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #5
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User

all of this is normal. husbands denial...... your stress in his denial.... the worry of harming your baby with drinking.... dental work. hubby will get past this. stress needs to be calmed. sex is perfectly fine. drinking is harmful, but now that you know, no more... i'm sure your baby is perfectly fine. dental work- my dentist wouldn't do anything but clean my teeth when i was pregers. you should ask your dr about it.
good luck
cassandrasmommy
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Old 06-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I was actually the one in denial at first, lol. I knew it in my head, but I just couldn't fathom that it was true. But it didnt' take me long to get it. I think your DH will be just fine, he just needs a little time to adjust.
You can have sex, you might not feel like it for a while though, lol. Don't be suprised if you get a little spotting or slight, very slight cramps afterwards.
I don't think the few drinks you had hurt anything, if you are really worried, call the dr, explain and see if they can see you earlier.
As for the dentist, you should be able to have just about anything done, except the x-rays. Although they reccomend you wait until the 2nd trimester. I went for a cleaning and all, and they did most of it, they didnt' do the whole thing because I was pretty far along and by then it is just very uncomfortable to be lying on your back for a long time. But they will fill cavities, probably the white kind though, but that is really better anyway, looks much nicer.
good luck!

Old 06-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #7
(female)

Marisa7 HB User

Okay here is an update I went to the store last night and bought another pack of 2 test to make my husband believe more and they both came back positive.. I told him "the results are not gonna change" So I guess he is finally comming around. I wanna tell both of my parents tonight. but he thinks we should wait untill it confirmed erererer... what I took 4 test how can they all lie so he is still kinda in denial I guess..

Old 06-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

MissChicopea HB User

I can understand thinking, "Oh my gosh no way! Let's test again," but the fact that he is mad that you made a doctor's appointment worries me. What is his fear with that? That you'll actually be pregnant most likely. Maybe you need to sit down and talk to him about his fears regarding fatherhood. He shouldn't be getting angry with you and calling you crazy. That isn't the sort of support you need right now. I can totally understand him being nervous as most moms-to-be and dads-to-be are, but being upset because you are seeking further medical care is not cool in my opinion. I really he hope he comes around and snaps out of it. It would be selfish of him not to as you aren't alone in this, he has a stake too. *hugs* and good luck!

Old 06-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #9
(female)

unknown_girl HB User

just explain to him that you haven't been feeling yourself lately and you don't only want to see the docter to see if you are pregnant, but you also want to see the docter so he or she can see if anything is abnormal.

Closed Thread