It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl224 HB User
Lightbulb Sore Breast After....

I have been hearing alot about how bad your breast will hurt after your delivery. Not to mention they will go up another size as well. Well I am not going to be breastfeeding, is there any remedies to make this pain less and also how long does it last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
Re: Sore Breast After....

Freeze a head of cabbage and tear off a leaf and put it in the cup of your high support bra. the cool from the frozen leaf along with something in the cabbage is supposed to help you dry up and feel relief from engorgement. My hospital gave me a sheet on engorgement relief you will probably get one too but they highly reccommended that. I nursed so they told me I could do it too but not as constant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kierrasmommy HB User

They also recommend wearing something tight around your chest...a friend of mine was told to wrap tensor bandages around her chest to keep them tight so they don't produce too much...if you don't breastfeed at all it will probably ease up quickly. Another friend of mine didn't breastfeed and only had one day of discomfort but I don't know if she did any of the recommendations or not.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

those are good suggestions, but make sure you leave the tight thing on you til the engorgement subsides, if you take it off, boy will they be sore lol, the cabbage thing is prolly good, as is anything cold, or like ice, ice packs etc... you should not have engorgement or pain for 2-4 days after you had baby though, not right away. but if you go the route of putting something tight around, just keep it there, even at night, it actually feels better that way lol, I tried this and I took it off at night, wow lol, that stunk hehe. anyway, good luck.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

hugs28 HB User

those are good suggestions, but make sure you leave the tight thing on you til the engorgement subsides, if you take it off, boy will they be sore lol, the cabbage thing is prolly good, as is anything cold, or like ice, ice packs etc... you should not have engorgement or pain for 2-4 days after you had baby though, not right away. but if you go the route of putting something tight around, just keep it there, even at night, it actually feels better that way lol, I tried this and I took it off at night, wow lol, that stunk hehe. anyway, good luck.

Closed Thread