It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

Marisa7 HB User
Naval Ring

I found out this week I was preg. my first baby as you could tell from my other post I have so many questions sorry.. I have another one I have a naval piercing should I take it out now? I know it is bad for the baby is it doing harm right now?

One more question is it true they start counting your weeks when the first day of your last period? If that is the case that makes me 6 weeks this monday.. thanks for all your advice and thoughts! cant wait to find out when the baby is due

Old 06-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

Karen62705 HB User
Re: Naval Ring

The naval rings are not bad for the baby. They have no affect at all. I took mine out at around 5 months, because it got too uncomfortable. My doctor said to leave it as long as I wanted, and I have heard of girls that never took them out.

And yes your counting is correct. Congratulations!!!!

~~Justin Michael~~
***Due June 30th***

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 03:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Congratualtions! It's up to you on whether you want to take it out. Like Karen said, a naval ring is NOT bad for the baby! I should have no affect at all. I left mine in until about week 10. I took it out only because I wasn't feeling attractive with it in. I gained a lot of weight early on. I was used to a thin, flat stomach. All of a sudden it was bloated & flabby & no baby growth to justify my weight gain.

Funny you bring this up because just yesterday (my 27th week) I decided to put it back in to see what it looks like with a real pregnant belly. It fit just fine. Mine is a ring, so the ring didn't lay to the side...it stuck straight out. Plus, I'm in the full-panel maternity pants now. The lower-waist-banded maternity pants just don't work for me anymore. There's no way I want a naval ring on with full panel maternity pants.

Good luck!
Gayle

Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

pixie_chick HB User

I am 16wks and I still have mine in and it's ok for it to be in. they do make pregnancy naval rings they are 2 inches long and are flexible so u can wear them throughout Idon't remember the website but u could search it if u like they are like 13-15 dollars. good luck with ur pregnancy and congrats!

Closed Thread