It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
(female)

mightbeamommy HB User
Smile How early do women usually start to show that they are pregnant?

I was just wondering how early everyone starting to show that they were pregnant? And does your weight have to do with how early you start to show? I heard that it does that is why I am asking? I don't know if I am pregnant yet but if I am I will be 3 weeks, is that to early to have craveings, hot flashes, nausea, headaches, and eating a lot, and starting to show? Cause those I just listed are symptoms that I have....thanks for your answers....

Old 06-11-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: How early do women usually start to show that they are pregnant?

The answer is it will be different for everyone. I found out I was pregnant (home test) at week 5...got all the official medical stuff at week 7. I had no clue I was or could be pregnant when I found out because I had been dieting & losing weight (getting off the X-mas Holiday weight gain).

I "thought" I had a baby belly around week 10 or 11, but in hindsight, I was just bloated from eating and the whole pregnancy/digestion fiasco and putting on weight.

I also recall around week 14, my waist started to widen & thicken. I *thought* at the time I was getting a belly. My uterus was growing/swelling, but the baby is still pretty small.

Knowing what I know now, the actual baby belly didn't come out for me until about week 16-20 where it grew more by the day. Week 20 was where I could say it's definitely a pregnant belly. Still small and in the cute stage, but defininitely there.

I'm now in Week 27 and past that cute stage. I've got the pregnant walk and more aches & pains than I care to discuss right now.

If you are pregnant, you should get one of the better pregnancy books. They're not that expensive. They tell you about how big the baby & uterus get as time goes by. You'll be surprised at how small the baby stays in the early weeks...especially when you are feeling fat & ugly, hormones are raging, and wanting to see a baby belly to justify the crazy body changes (personal opinion & experience).

If you are only a few weeks along, the baby is still a bundle of cells and there's nothing to see yet. If you think you have a baby belly now, you're more bloated than anything.

Good luck to you!
Gayle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Valerie_s HB User

The whole week before my period was due I was sleeping more feeling nauseated but not throwing up, I took a test 1 day after my missed period and it was negative, I waited until I was 4 days late and sure enough I am now 5 1/2 weeks! so I think you can!

Old 06-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Ok, first three months, bloated. 4th month, little bump. Gets progressively bigger each month. People can tell by month 6. By 9th month you are soo over it!

Old 06-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
(female)

pootie231 HB User

When you begin to show is different for everyone. It also can make a difference if you are overweight or if it is not your first pregnancy. I know with my first, I didn't show until around 20 weeks or so(kinda just had a little pot) but with this one I was showing at 2 months-I have heard others say the same thing that they showed much sooner with their subsequent pregs. I also work with 2 women who both were heavier when they got preg. and even at 9 months didn't look "pregnant"-one was teasing that she didn't have to spend any money on maternity clothes like I did as plus did her the whole way through. So everyone is different. As far as symptoms, with DS, I didn't know until I was almost 3 months along, no symptoms at all. With this one, I knew immediately and my co-workers knew within a week or so as my breasts grew noticeably bigger. Crazy but true.......If there is one thing I have learned during my 2 pregs is that there are exceptions to EVERY rule. good luck!

Old 06-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #6

busybee HB User

I begna to show early. By 8 weeks people were coming up to me asking. I was really bloated and wearing bigger clothes. I started to notice an egg shape to my belly around 12-14 weeks. I got big soon....lots of rude comments too! Everyone's different...

Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxyfoxy HB User

10-12 weeks people were telling me I was pregnant, and this is my first. I have been bloated and gassy during the whole first part of my pregnany, so that may have helped. I'm now 17weeks and looking bigger. Maternity clothes are all I can wear (or large sweats) now.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
Veteran

Jessthemess HB User

It depends on how big or small you are. I'm 6 months and I've only got a little bump. I've known women who have started to show at 3 or 4 months though.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattieos HB User

I was over 6 months before anyone noticed that didnt' already know.
I think it does have to do with your size before hand, I think noone noticed on me because my breasts are so big they overshadowed it!

Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #10
(female)

cassandrasmommy HB User

to be honest, i don't really remember with my first. but with this one i'm definately showing at 13 weeks. i stsrted showing a couple weeks ago, but now people can tell that i am. and symptoms..... i had those the day after we did the baby dance.
DD-12/12/05
DS-8/7/09

Old 06-14-2005, 07:07 AM   #11

FaithfulyWaiting HB User

I started showing a little at 15 wks, but unless I told people no one could tell I was pregnant until almost 25 wks.

Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 AM   #12
(female)

shea31 HB User

With my first one I started showing at 5 months. Now I am pregnant with my second. I am only 7 weeks but I can already tell I am going to show much sooner. I hoping to make it to the end of 3 months but this is doubtful. I would rather be int eh looking pregnant stage than the looking like I am justing gaining weight stage.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #13
(female)

malizoom HB User

I'm almost 27 weeks and I've just given in and started to wear maternity clothes, though I stil don't think that I look that pregnant.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
(female)

renaa HB User

This may not be the same topic, bust i would like to know when do you see the line on your stomach. I'm about 10 weeks and i see the my line on mt stomach, it's not that dark but you can see it.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #15
(female)

kristywoods HB User

I am three weeks pregnant, wow...that's the first time I've said it, but so far Ihave just been really tired and had really sore breasts last week. I just found out today actually...3 tests positive..doctor confirmation tomorrow...
-kristy

Closed Thread